FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think anyone here is being unappreciative, but with that being said, I also don’t think we are being unreasonable asking for more regular updates considering the circumstances of over a 3 month beta. The other devices have received several updates during this period and it’s perplexing, if not concerning, that this unit is suffering such a long delay in its update. For those of us that decided to test the beta, I don’t think anyone could have assumed that we would still be in a beta stage 3 months later. Typically these betas may last a week or two before the final firmware is released. The last update I saw was maybe a couple weeks ago stating that a new round of private beta testing was occurring, but not a peep since then. No one is grabbing pitchforks here, but I think an update with a potential timeframe (other than “soon”, or “whenever it’s ready”) would be encouraging and not unreasonable.

That is where I'm coming from; that the FM9 has been in a beta stage for three months is very unusual for FAS devices, as well as that I've never had a beta firmware have so many issues that affect the operability instantly right out of the gate before. I love the FM9, but I'm a bit concerned as well that there is something really amiss going on here....

Sorry if this is listed elsewhere in the fourms but is there a "private" beta process where we actually provide "private" feedback to fractal and get access to the code prior to it becoming public beta? If so how does one volunteer to be a tester?

I’m actually laughing, because I was fully expecting this swath of replies from the usual suspects. As I stated above, no one here is “whining, entitled, or unappreciative” by simply wanting to know where we stand on the update process of a beta that has lasted over a quarter now. I also think there is cause for concern that there may be issues in porting updates to our unit based on this process.

As far as owning an FM9 being a privilege and not a right. What does that even mean? I spent the same $1800 that anyone else did to own this unit. This has nothing to do with privileges and rights.

I guess I just don’t understand why certain individuals coming flying to the defense of FAS when someone so much as sends a request to see if there is anything new to share. I haven’t seen anyone attacking or slandering. We just want to know where we stand when it’s been 3 months and weeks between any sort of update. Instead of replying on behalf of FAS, how about letting them respond on their own behalf. Isn’t that the point of a forum? A place of discussion, but also a means of communication between business and consumer.

I’m actually laughing, because I was fully expecting this swath of replies from the usual suspects. As I stated above, no one here is “whining, entitled, or unappreciative” by simply wanting to know where we stand on the update process of a beta that has lasted over a quarter now. I also think there is cause for concern that there may be issues in porting updates to our unit based on this process.

As far as owning an FM9 being a privilege and not a right. What does that even mean? I spent the same $1800 that anyone else did to own this unit. This has nothing to do with privileges and rights.

I guess I just don’t understand why certain individuals coming flying to the defense of FAS when someone so much as sends a request to see if there is anything new to share. I haven’t seen anyone attacking or slandering. We just want to know where we stand when it’s been 3 months and weeks between any sort of update. Instead of replying on behalf of FAS, how about letting them respond on their own behalf. Isn’t that the point of a forum? A place of discussion, but also a means of communication between business and consumer.
No only that, We only have been receiving one (1) beta in December that has some issue, the Fm3 And AXE have been received multiples Betas and finial release version since December and to be hones with you I'm agreed 100%, maybe the FM9 team found some major issue that that cannot fixed yet.

Yeah, I'm with you on this. I don't think those words mean what that guy thinks they mean.

Sorry if this is listed elsewhere in the fourms but is there a "private" beta process where we actually provide "private" feedback to fractal and get access to the code prior to it becoming public beta? If so how does one volunteer to be a tester?
The forum is not the official conduit for feedback, support is the direct path. There’s also a phone number, probably on the contact page.

Quoting myself again on this never ending topic:
I choose to think of it this way: those few of us lucky enough to have one to be waiting on a FW update are way ahead of the many who want an FM9 and can't get one at all.

I suspect that the FM9 is probably currently lowest priority just based on number of units in the wild versus the Axe Fx III and FM3...

My guess is that they have a Jr programmer porting to the FM9 who is maybe in a little over his or her head. No judgement here. This is just how software development goes sometimes.

TBH,

If you've read previous discussions within this thread, there were some heated arguments, and this did indeed sound like protest. People are inclined to agree or disagree as they choose, but does it make sense to keep asking about an update in separate threads when there is direct moderator interaction within this thread, which was posted by a moderator?

Those who already own FM9 devices were privileged to receive their purchase invitations some months ago, and my feeling that this entitles them to keep inquiring about updates only reminds of how folks tend to think when they can't wait for something new to happen.

Again, with due respect, why not be content with the beta for this time and make use of what we already own, rather than badger FAS with "are we there yet?" FAS has already stated that when the update is released, they will announce it, but as their past history has already shown, they do not post progress reports as to the time when the update will be released. FAS has said that consistently.

Either people aren't hearing this, or they're forgetting what FAS has repeatedly stated. When admins know something new about the OS release dates, they will inform us. Plz don't bother the admins. They have enough work to do without fielding extra release date questions.

I think this is a record for longest Beta

For a Beta, maybe...

To put some perspective into the whole FW cycle thing, the FM3 took from the release of FW 4.01 on Aug 9 2021 to Jan 5 2022 for FW 5.0 Beta. When Cliff announced Cygnus, it took SEVERAL private and public Betas before the actual Release Version.

Still... complaining about 3 months of "inactivity" as if FAS already abandoned ship is frankly laughable both IMO and IME.

Tell me again, how long it takes Line 6 to release anything, or the months of radio silence before NDSP released the last CorOS? Kemper, BOSS, Atomic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom