The CNFB Method

I have absolutely no idea what any of this means but look forward to what it means for Fractal systems, current or future.

If this allows for efficiency improvements across the board, I would guess that the FM3 could benefit the most, maybe even allowing for things it currently can't do (dual amp block, pitch shift improvements) as you get some DSP back.

Or will this just be used to allow for even more precise modeling in other areas with the DSP saved?

I have absolutely no idea what any of this means but look forward to what it means for Fractal systems, current or future.

If this allows for efficiency improvements across the board, I would guess that the FM3 could benefit the most, maybe even allowing for things it currently can't do (dual amp block, pitch shift improvements) as you get some DSP back.

Or will this just be used to allow for even more precise modeling in other areas with the DSP saved?
If cliff is excited enough to post about it, it cant be bad.

Super amazing and impressive!!! 👏
Always pushing the boundaries, even when you've broken them so many times already!

I can't imagine how proud you must feel to have accomplished such a feat, and I feel it's just the beginning!!!

I can't wait for what this means for the FM3 and FM9, and even the possibility for another amp block, or even more astounding algorithms!!!

Hats off to you!!!!👏

So cool how you never stop advancing the state of the art, amazing.

However, the worrier in me says it sounds like adopting this technique would at minimum mean rebuilding every non-linear element in all amp and drive blocks, while trying not to lose all the subtle things you've discovered about how all those devices and their components behave. Lots of work!

I think Fractals modeling sections were pretty accurate to begin with. CNFB will return similar results, but faster and with less overhead. Typically, you try to keep "nuanced adjustments" seperate from your modeling sections if possible, anyway. But, that's just my speculation and probably not worth very much...

So, should I list my Turbos to clear room for Axe-Fx IV, or do I have some time, yet? Lol.

Cliff, I don't understand much about these kinds of posts but they're always the highlight of my day. Tech notes, random engineering speak...I live for this stuff - the intersection of art and technology. You're one of my heroes and I just want you to know that.

(BRB, paying a random kid to pose as my sick child who's Make-A-Wish request is to meet Cliff)

To a guitar player with absolutely no understanding what this all means I am greatly looking forward to what results from it. When Fractal start a thread outlining a new feature, or knowledge they've learned, it normally leads to good things for the product.

My favorite part of this is seeing Cliff’s excitement on new achievements/milestones like this. Regardless of if we understand the technical aspects, he knows we’ll be stoked to see how proud he is of this work.

Now THAT’S a guy who loves what he does and it really shows in the quality of the product. Amazing work, my dude!!

Back
Top Bottom