Fx3 and the real marshall jubilee

All this talk about one jubilee sounding different from another gave me an epiphany;

I can envision in the axe fx IV a major future where when I select the jubilee, there’s actually like 7 models of it in some sort of sub menu like manner. I envision all the models have several versions modeled.

Imagine having 15 big muffs to try to find the one… probably option overload but it would be easy to just scroll through them and potentially not change any setting.

Maybe I am just stoned lol
Maybe on to something. There are plenty of parameters such as hot and cold biasing, tube types and loads of other stuff. How about a randomization of a preselected list of parameters?
I'd like a pop out bubble over some knobs/buttons explaining what they are for. I have no idea what half of the controls in axedit do. The authentic tab was the best thing that ever happened.

My Silver Jubilee 2555x is arriving tomorrow…… had the 2525h for some weeks and difference is there And even my band mates heard it….. Sound wise The Fractal gets easily very very very close….. but there is just something with the low ends and smoother highs What I prefer from the real amp AND it saves me tons of time trying out different settings after firmware updates , trying different amps and very important while I use the FM3 which has no global blocks : every change I make in my real amp stays for all the other presets :)

Anyhow : will post a video in some weeks….!

There have been a couple of firmware updates prior to Cygnus that 'improved' the feel and response of the amps in the Axe III. Cygnus took those improvements even further. If you stopped using the Axe III prior to FW 9.00, you definitely owe it to yourself to try one again.
I sold my fxIII after 3-4months, but last years i have tryed fm3 and i dont like it, too cpu limits for me and something i dont like in the tone, but it was before cygnus and i know the fm3 and fxIII are different.

In the end my unit will arrive next week

Digging a little deeper into this, while I had the amp on the stand I started tracking some more in a new song session and taking a DI too (something I really don't often do). I shot the DI into the Jube model and for this track, Im again liking the model better. The tone is really the same but the model has an edge the amp doesn't seem to have. Just like my prior example, can't really hear a difference in the mix so far. Interestingly, turning OFF power amp modeling seems to get me closer to the amp than with it on. Should that be? In my mind that bypasses the entire power section of the amp model but maybe I have this wrong. Going to mess with this some more today and especially dive deeper into the power section controls.

Signal chains???
Routing Real Tube Amp : Gibson ES335 Translucent Brown - Fractal Audio FM3 (Tubescreamer) - Marshall Silver Jubilee - Suhr Reactive Load - Fractal Audio FM3 with ML PR75 SM75-R121 Mix (Speaker Impulse) - Plex Delays - RME Fireface 800 Audio Interface - Logic X

Routing Fractal Audio FM3: Gibson ES335 Translucent Brown - Tubescreamer - Brit Silver AMP - CAB with ML PR75 SM75-R121 Mix - Plex Delays - RME Fireface 800 Audio Interface - Logic X

Here is how it is setup :

main-qimg-4b8b688f01df4cca7a56a358fc4ca910

Now I gotta take you back to the old country. We’re so hardcore over here we jar our own olives for the year.
My Whole family is italian 😅 . (I don’t live in Italy myself but I speak and write it, I go there for holidays everytime)
I like traditional things for sure . Then it takes time . I like Cooking but if you really want to do hand made pasta you need a morning long . Then if you do your sauce yourself and buy good pasta it’s way better than the pasta box 😅.

We will see if I am wrong first 😀

Sorry guys , A is the real amp and B is the Fractal…… I could never tell the difference if I had not recorded it and heard every bit of little details….. especially how single notes fade out and the highs…. And other stuff…… Anyhow , great gear we have in both worlds !!

Back
Top Bottom