FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 1

Cyngus sounded lush although I am having an issue adjusting the Gain Enhancer on the Friedman BEV1...makes it a hard crash, including loss of sound. This is in a preset that did contain the BE C45, but I know the Friedman got chopped and changed so wondering if could be something to do with that. Can anyone else replicate this?

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/...lution_or_length:_UltraRes.2C_HiRes.2C_Normal

If an IR is compatible you can select UltraRes in the Cab block.

It does not automatically happen. UltraRes uses more CPU and on the FM3 sometimes that is needed for other blocks.

In a band context it’s difficult to hear a difference between Normal and UltraRes. There’s too much going on to discern the difference, especially for people who don’t know what to listen to, such as the audience. The only time I hear the difference is in a solo track, or when setting up a preset and listening very carefully, so I turned it off on all my normal presets.
The low end feedback of ultrares is really another world, for blues amps it represents another feel for me (but maybe just in the head ? who nows) but you won't need that most of the time. If not I do not feel any difference in the upper frequency ranges.

I'll see your Peavey and raise you a Digitech 2112. I remember those days.

We've coome a long, long ways haven't we?? :)
Sure, for an old 2101LE user, I confirm we've come a long way; but such a good time to have good sounds and concentrate on playing. Marvellous

All good so far. Real test will be at practice tomorrow with the band. Gonna have to hold off on Ultra Rez IR’s at that puts me over CPU limit. Looks like I will have to decide between that or the slight ambient Reverb I have on my presets.

All good so far. Real test will be at practice tomorrow with the band. Gonna have to hold off on Ultra Rez IR’s at that puts me over CPU limit. Looks like I will have to decide between that or the slight ambient Reverb I have on my presets.
I'd get rid of the reverb. Especially if you play live. Not needed at all. And the Ultra Rez IR's do make a difference. :)
Hell, I've completely gotten rid of reverb blocks...seriously not needed at all playing live gigs. And just muddy stuff up.
I would definitely use reverb for recording...but in that situation I would probably use a reverb in mixdown as well for more control instead of on what I send to the board to record.

Have you tried a plex delay/verb? It saves a lot cpu. I'm at 59% with pitch block in harmony mode. 2290 delay and plex delay in parallels with a chorus in the main line.

Attachments

• 16217140788299168248478328615059.jpg
    16217140788299168248478328615059.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
Noticed the dynamics parameter is stuck , no change in sound at any settings. View attachment 83637
I noticed this too.... stuck at - 9.1db. Adjusting the input dynamics control has no effect. I rolled back to 3.03 and it was back to the top again.

Two of my presets are clipping the output pretty hard as well. Something seems different with level management.

Sean Meredith-Jones

Last edited:
@Michael Pickens

The latest FM3-Edit seems to have a minor display issue with the Preset Leveling dialog. The window contents are occasionally scaled too large or too small for its fixed window, although I haven’t determined the cause. I’m on macOS 10.14.

I noticed this too.... stuck at - 9.1db. Adjusting the input dynamics control has no effect. I rolled back to 3.03 and it was back to the top again.

Two of my presets are clipping the output pretty hard as well. Something seems different with level management.

Sean Meredith-Jones
I did have to adjust input gain from 5.50 to 6.50 to get the same feel for the Friedman be V2 model.
I think V3 is what V2 was before and V2 is a brighter setting.
Also feels like the noise gate is more dominant but that could be because of the -9.1 dynamics being stuck.

Back
Top Bottom