Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.01 Beta 1 Public Beta

Fixed incorrect default P.I. Bias Excursion in Princetone Reverb and Div/13 CJ Boost models.
I've been using both of these models a lot without ever feeling there was an error in bias excursion, though I guess in the case of CJ Boost I had assumed it was blocking distortion heh.
It really is awesome having a device that gets updated like this. I can't think of any other audio product I have aside from Reaper that gets regular updates.
Thanks a lot for all your hard work. It really is cool!

Weird - feel like in my presets (which I know need to be adjusted) I'm noticing the top end seems glassier...maybe that's because of the bottom changing? Seems like in some of the Fender amps, I'm having to bring the bottom up more...but it does feel less mushy I think.

Both of these are particularly lovely additions.

Added frequency cursor to Parametric EQ graph.

Increased gain range of Filter and Parametric EQ blocks to +/-20 dB. Also increased gain range of input EQ in Amp block. Existing presets are automatically updated.

Playing with the Xformer Low Freq on the speaker page with a few high gain amp models - it's a very satisfying way to add some low end to an amp that just needs a little more grunt.

Last edited:
Weird - feel like in my presets (which I know need to be adjusted) I'm noticing the top end seems glassier...maybe that's because of the bottom changing? Seems like in some of the Fender amps, I'm having to bring the bottom up more...but it does feel less mushy I think.
The only 2 complaints i had seen about Cygnus were
class A amps losing their chime and being a little low mid heavy
and the Freidman BE model being a bit looser and woofy
wonder if all these improvements are perhaps addressing those complaints

Div/13 CJ Boost is working like a proper amp now indeed. Princeton sounds the same to me, so whatever error doesn't seem to have been as drastic as the CJ Boost.

"As a result of this existing presets will update the aforementioned parameters to the new default values upon recall."

Is recall in this context just loading the patch up or is it soft resetting the block?

Loaded up the new beta, plugged in my guitar, rolled up the volumes, started to play... nothing... no input, no output, meters are totally dead. Thought, hmm maybe it's a bug in the new beta? Maybe my system settings got hosed? Nope! I forgot I had set Input 1 to digital input for reamping last night. Duh. :p

The only 2 complaints i had seen about Cygnus were
class A amps losing their chime and being a little low mid heavy
and the Freidman BE model being a bit looser and woofy
wonder if all these improvements are perhaps addressing those complaints
I use the AC30 and AC20 predominantly, never noticed a loss of chime, I think they sound much better with Cygnus. Did people really say that?

Wow that is a very extensive list of updates for an incremental update. Are you sure this shouldn't have been 17?

Can we assume that the
Speaker compression meter (AxeEdit)
And
Ideal/Authentic pages were fixed for the jp2c models

I think I've seen them as fixed for next release, but they're not mentioned in release notes.

Back
Top Bottom