FM3 Firmware Version 3.02 Beta 1

Installed.

It does sound great, nice feel too.

I have the Out2 volume drop, but it’s no big deal at home, I’m sure the next release will be before my next rehearsal/gig so I’ll stay in the Beta.

Is it just me, or with this Beta, all the post Amp Block PEQ stuff we’d do (cutting highs/lows), is no longer as necessary with a real cab and SS PA?

Still hoping that the fm3 cygnus drop is on the horizon. I appreciate the fact that FAS does continue to raise their products to the next level for us. Customer for life for sure

I must be looking in the wrong place. I don't see this parameter updated. Default is 52%. I also tried resetting amp block. Do you see this defaulting to 100% on yours. I won't obsess about it....just curious.

i think the OUT 2 issues and bias
are fixed for next release now
but there was. A bias issue not setting correct values in the current beta

i think the OUT 2 issues and bias
are fixed for next release now
but there was. A bias issue not setting correct values in the current beta
I am assuming that the setting is under power amp? Is this the one that is maxed (supposed to be at 100, not 52)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 5.53.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 5.53.13 PM.png
    233.1 KB · Views: 19
I am assuming that the setting is under power amp? Is this the one that is maxed (supposed to be at 100, not 52)
It should be all, but feel free to experiment. If I set all to 100%, the Savage model doesn't sound good to me. I've tried on pwr amp and PI and that ones at 100% sound good for me. But it may be amp to amp difference. To me, it sounds awesome even without touching anything, but the excursion in pwr amp is a parameter that makes me wanna play my guitar more. Can't explain why, but it is like that.

Couldn't dial the USA Lead better than this but you get the idea.
Recorded from the same source using the same IR in the FM3 and in Logic
Source

FM3 USA Lead

Mark V "Mark IV mode" - Full Power

Mark V "Mark IV mode" - Variac

Installed.

It does sound great, nice feel too.

I have the Out2 volume drop, but it’s no big deal at home, I’m sure the next release will be before my next rehearsal/gig so I’ll stay in the Beta.

MAX the gain slider on OUT2 Main EQ. This gives you +12db, I could then hang with the band.
Like others have mentioned I think we are down about 20db.

MAX the gain slider on OUT2 Main EQ. This gives you +12db, I could then hang with the band.
Like others have mentioned I think we are down about 20db.
Thats what I’ll do in a pinch, but with no gigs booked, I don’t see any need any time soon.

UPDATE: I took my Savage today, put an SM57 in front of the ENGL 4x12 cab and tried to compare the BIAS Excursions on the FM3 with the real deal. I must say, that using a preamp excursion of 100% actually made it sound absolutely like the amp! It's just about how high I have the Master Volume in the FM3. The higher the master volume, the more the bias excursion influences the distortion I guess? (tech note: the higher the MV, the higher the bias fluctuation). It's very easy to dial in the FM3 to the same sound as the amp, which is obviously what we were begging for???

+ I have both power amp and PI excursion on 100%

Last edited:
Oh ... actually ... the preamp excursion was set to 3% on my fractal all the time except one scene. But because it got so authentic I could not distinguish between the real amp and the FM3 :D

So then my favorite setup for excursion is "default" on preamp, 100% on PWR and PI

I guess that the modeling in Fractal world has become so authentic, that it sounds even better than the real amp. And I was playing through a solid state matrix amp vs the real Savage into the same 4x12. I had a switcher which put always the second amp in a load box so I did not harm the tube amp. But I haven't put labels on the switches, so it was unknown for me which was which :tearsofjoy:

Back
Top Bottom