FM3 Firmware Version 3.02 Beta 1

Oh ... actually ... the preamp excursion was set to 3% on my fractal all the time except one scene. But because it got so authentic I could not distinguish between the real amp and the FM3 :D

So then my favorite setup for excursion is "default" on preamp, 100% on PWR and PI

I guess that the modeling in Fractal world has become so authentic, that it sounds even better than the real amp. And I was playing through a solid state matrix amp vs the real Savage into the same 4x12. I had a switcher which put always the second amp in a load box so I did not harm the tube amp. But I haven't put labels on the switches, so it was unknown for me which was which :tearsofjoy:
The Turing Test for a modeler!

I spent some time going to my presets bringing the Excursions to 100%. It adds some more depth/life to stuff I was already 100% happy with.

Great job.

I railed the OUT 2 slider , to +12db

This was fine for the small setting I was in, and I had some headroom. I am not on huge stages like you though man.
Best try it out. It is definitely way louder this way.
The permanent Fix is on the way per this thread.

I railed the OUT 2 slider , to +12db

This was fine for the small setting I was in, and I had some headroom. I am not on huge stages like you though man.
Best try it out. It is definitely way louder this way.
The permanent Fix is on the way per this thread.
what is Out 2 going to? a speaker? can that speaker be turned up as well?

FR, I had my ASM at FULL, not loud enough. @Bryant has verified this issue per this thread,

FR, I had my ASM at FULL, not loud enough. @Bryant has verified this issue per this thread,
yup, just wondering what was being used. i'm still surprised a speaker like that couldn't get loud enough at max, even with the lower signal coming from the FM3.

I’m not saying the FM3 isn’t quiet. I’m saying I’m surprised these speakers aren’t loud enough, which is a comment more on the speakers. If I turn my CP8 up all the way, I can barely turn up the Out 1 volume on the FM3 without it blasting the entire room. I would imagine those speakers could still output a lot of sound even with the lower Out 2 signal in this beta.

These FR’ are plenty loud......they just need signal.
3.01 had plenty, be nice to have it back.

Last edited:
yup, just wondering what was being used. i'm still surprised a speaker like that couldn't get loud enough at max, even with the lower signal coming from the FM3.
I had an ASM for a while and it's surprisingly not very loud at all. I normally have my FM3 volume at noon so there's plenty of adjustment to be made. With my CLR I run and both outputs at about noon as well. On my Yamaha DXR10 I have the volume at about 10 o'clock for equivalent volume. With the ASM I had to dime it to get similar volume. With another 20dB volume loss, I can see someone struggling.

i am not sure if you had a 10 or a 12......but my ASC 12 rumbles when I sit on it.....and sets off glass break sensors. I usually run it at 50% of its volume. 50% on OUT 2 knob.
Volume of course is relative.
See Cliff's recent tube amp volume thread :)

Hey BAKE,
Did increasing the Gain slider in OUT 2 Main EQ fix the low volume problem for you ....for now ??
How many db did you add?

My FR is at rehearsal ....cannot test.
I REALLY do not want to back rev, stuff always happens when you have added new functionality ( perf pages ) etc. Don’t wanna do there . This might be a good temp fix !

Thanks man !
It did work but not where it should be according to the past setting.

Agggh, i will have to roll back, playing out tomorrow.......the OUT 2 issue is a problem for me unfortunately
Raise output 2 global eq gain to +12. This is a easy fix to almost get to what you need. My output 2 volume knob is at 3 o'clock.

Just installed 3.02, a bit of improvement in tone and feel over 3.01I believe. Only got my Fm3 yesterday after selling my Axe II. The difference in tone is huuuuge imo. So happy!

Back
Top Bottom