New single is live!

Hey Danny, great song!
Man those vocals are crazy good!!
Thanks so much Scott! I quit smoking (it will be 8 years in March) and it helped me immensely. I had to just about relearn how to sing. Two years of learning how to breathe and execute notes. Whew....it was so hard I almost started smoking again. Lol! Nah, I'd never go back. Thanks again.

Great tune! Killer playing, vocals, drums, the works. Saw in your header info you're from NJ. What part of Jersey are you in? I grew up near Lakehurst, in the shadow of the Hindenburg, and spent a number of years in the area of Trenton before bugging out to Phoenix in '91....

Thanks! You still doing presets? I sent a few guys to buy your stuff. I can't fathom what you must be doing on the III. I had a client come here to record that had purchased all your patches. Your effects use and overall skill is just extraordinary man. Seriously.

Some of your effects and patches were so spot on and mind-boggling, I just sat and giggled like a little kid. I was surprised you weren't more expensive. I hope the preset business has treated you well. Much deserved man. Thanks again.
Thanks brother. Nice to here from you. It's been too long.

Still have the store going. Went back to a day job. Firmware updates take up most of my spare time. I do personal custom work and on-line sessions from time to time too.

Things are worth what people are willing to pay. Some presets have a ridiculous amount of time into them, but that's kind of on me. I just can't let things be... LOL :cool: Good enough, isn't good enough..:D

Great tune! Killer playing, vocals, drums, the works. Saw in your header info you're from NJ. What part of Jersey are you in? I grew up near Lakehurst, in the shadow of the Hindenburg, and spent a number of years in the area of Trenton before bugging out to Phoenix in '91....
Hey Joe,

Thanks a lot man! Glad you enjoyed it. I'm in South J in Gloucester County. We have another house in New Egypt closer to where you were. We can actually sneak into 6 Flags Great Adventure cutting through the woods behind our house. Shhh, we'd never do that. 😅

I hear AZ is pretty awesome. I like it here but the taxes are so insane, you can't retire here. I'm still quite a ways from that but I don't think I'll be here much longer. We're renovating our homes in case we want to up and move. I need a place with a lot of land for dirt bike and quad riding. I'm really into guns (what an expensive habit! And I thought guitars were a sickness?!) and shooting and would love to have my own range in my yard, some horses, do some fishing etc. Moved to Florida for a bit and hated it. So glad I didn't sell my house here.

One of my buds just moved to AZ and loves it. He keeps trying to get me out there. I forget where he is exactly.

Anyway, thanks again. Stay safe!

Thanks brother. Nice to here from you. It's been too long.

Still have the store going. Went back to a day job. Firmware updates take up most of my spare time. I do personal custom work and on-line sessions from time to time too.

Things are worth what people are willing to pay. Some presets have a ridiculous amount of time into them, but that's kind of on me. I just can't let things be... LOL :cool: Good enough, isn't good enough..:D
Good to hear from you also. Glad you're still doing the presets. You guys don't have the FW issues with patches on the III like we used to on the II, do you? Someone told me the FW updates don't kill the patches anymore. True?

I give you and everyone else that has the patience for that all the credit in the world. Man, you should see the work files I compiled from stuff like that comparing and trying to get back what had changed. One day, I wrote all my favorite FW on pieces of paper, put them in a hat, drew and that's what I use today. Heck, for the way I use this stuff, Cliff nailed everything I ever needed in a tone in FW 15.2 pre quantum. Truth!

I'm running Quantum 2 in my live rig on my AxeII, Quantum 5 in my studio rig on my XL+ because it was the last version Cliff gave us with FW selection. So I can change from 2-5 in that version without installing. I loved that option. I use the latest in my AX8 though. I love it there.

Cool you're still doing the custom work. I do it still once in a while for the guys that have the older stuff. I do my best to stay away from it though. It's super time consuming and people don't understand the time it takes for that little preset. I once worked on a tone and effects for a dude for about 6 hours.

Between nailing the tone and the effects to where they were as spot on as I could get them, it was a nightmare. That was my last official job. LMAO! When I can do a mastering job of 10 songs and make $1000 in 6 hours, you know it's just not feasible. Haha!

Good luck with everything brother. It was great talking to you as usual.

Great song, great playing, and great vocals... The production is top notch.

It really has the groove and interplay of a band rather than one guy playing everything. That's quite an accomplishment! Best of luck with this project.

It's nice to see a Jersey guy do well. Congrats on the wedding and home renovation.

Great song, great playing, and great vocals... The production is top notch.

It really has the groove and interplay of a band rather than one guy playing everything. That's quite an accomplishment! Best of luck with this project.

It's nice to see a Jersey guy do well. Congrats on the wedding and home renovation.
Hey Dr, thanks so much for that. Everyone interprets things differently. It's awesome when someone takes it the way it was intended. I sure do try to never make it sound like one guy. Glad you enjoyed it, thanks!

Thanks for the wedding wishes. I'm stoked about it. When ya find the right one and can put up with each other for 11 years as well as in a pandemic, she roadies for you, sets up your gear, goes shooting with you, is into fast cars (I have a corvette Z06 we take to the track once in a while) you just gotta marry her. :) Thanks again!

Thanks for the wedding wishes. I'm stoked about it. When ya find the right one and can put up with each other for 11 years as well as in a pandemic, she roadies for you, sets up your gear, goes shooting with you, is into fast cars (I have a corvette Z06 we take to the track once in a while) you just gotta marry her. :) Thanks again!

Congrats man ! I hope you're very happy for years and years to come !

But I have to ask ( ? ) ..., eleven years ( ? ) ..., what in the H#!! took you so long to propose !!!! ;)

Love the song - And it is really great to see you back in the forum Danny - I learned a lot from your EVH patches and general tips during the early AX8 days.

Congrats man ! I hope you're very happy for years and years to come !

But I have to ask ( ? ) ..., eleven years ( ? ) ..., what in the H#!! took you so long to propose !!!! ;)
Thanks so much. Well, it's sort of complicated. She had the weirdest, longest, tied up, messed up divorce ever! It lasted nearly 5 years and had 4 different attorney's. And get this, it was an amicable split, she's great friends with her ex, I'm great friends with her ex, and the specifics of what went down would make your head spin.

So we had our hands tied for 5 years but I was seeing her while legally separated and helping her and her ex do all the divorce stuff because they are on the road with their jobs and I'm usually home or at the studio. So I handled all their leg work and attorney stuff. We all get along that good. So after all that was over we got engaged. Lol! Crazy stuff! 😂

Her brother passed away a few years ago. As we stood at the coffin greeting people and thanking them for coming, her ex comes up to me and says "mind if I stay with you, I don't know many people here?" I looked at my girl and said "oh we so have to have fun with this." She says "I'm one step ahead of you."

The next people that come up to us, she introduces us and says "This is my husband and this is my boyfriend" the look on their face was priceless. We always have fun with people. Life is too short and people are wrapped too tight. Kill 'em with kindness and laughter. :)

Love the song - And it is really great to see you back in the forum Danny - I learned a lot from your EVH patches and general tips during the early AX8 days.
Thanks so much for the kind words! Glad you enjoyed the song and got a little something from what I shared here. I really enjoyed sharing stuff with you guys along with my goofy videos. I miss it to be honest. Thanks again, it's really good to see you too. You were always good to me. Much appreciated.

Seems like a good moment to point out that your web site and discography are pretty amazing also.
The music on your web page stays playing while I use other apps too-
I have to pay YouTube $15 a month for that ability.
Hi Bill, sorry for the question. I see you quoted @unix-guy, we're you talking to me or to him? I figured you quoted him so you meant him. I went on his profile but couldn't find a link to his website to check out his stuff.

If by chance you meant me, thank you so much and if you'd like, I can talk to my web guy (who is one of my best friends in the world) and we can see if he can save you that 15 per month or maybe he can tell you what he did.

If you didn't mean me, I'm not talking to him for you. Lol! I'm so kidding man! Private message me if you need to and I'll put you in touch with him if you want. Thanks for visiting here no matter who you were talking to. 😁

Right on.
Checking out your page as we speak.
Missed it initially at first so it’s all good.
unix-guy’s band is named Too Much Fiction and theres a link in the same place you have yours.
Thx man.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom