Tom Quayle has a QuadCortex neuralDSP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i saw this earlier as well. I'm sure he'll make it sounds great, I'm curious on his thoughts.

I agree, unfortunately this is a problem since neural DSP does seem to invest a lot on marketing. It's hard to get an actual idea about how "great" it is.

He has demoed almost anything out there and almost always used the same expressions to describe the gear, no disrespect; he is a pro and sounds great with anything, plus he’s got to make a living. Market is so crowded at this moment with good to excellent stuff that I do not see how something could wow anybody that more or less is aware of the offer. I’d probably be OK with almost any piece of gear from certain quality upwards, but happy to stick to my Axe Fx III.

Completely happy and confident with all my Fractal gear, have zero interest in Neural DSP. Fully expect every YouTuber to say how awesome it is because they get paid.

A guy in our NZ guitar forum who works for BOSS had this to say about it..

'"I played one at NAMM, granted it wasn't finished (still isn't) but based on the models that were available at that time, I felt that it played really well to their existing strengths/target audience as a plugin company - tight, very fast response "djenty" high gain tones were great, as well as clean cleans.

I was less inspired by the medium gain British stuff (I think it was an 800 model) which is the most important for me, I certainly didn't think that it sounded or felt as realistic as an Axe FX.

I liked the interface, basically a built-in tablet screen so you can drag and drop things around and click on things etc. Could certainly be a challenger for the Helix Floor in that respect."

Pete Thorn got one also. No surprise there

At least Pete isn’t fake or phony when talking about gear. He won’t talk trash or be negative about a product but when he doesn’t like it he won’t say much at all and his tone gives it away how he feels. Pete is very respectful and diplomatic.

At least Pete isn’t fake or phony when talking about gear. He won’t talk trash or be negative about a product but when he doesn’t like it he won’t say much at all and his tone gives it away how he feels. Pete is very respectful and diplomatic.

He is paid to review it. Of course he won't trash talk it. He is as diplomatic as he can be. I really don't care about the biased/paid reviews..it happens with everything these days.

I'm interested in an overview of the unit (GUI, usability, amps, effects, the capture process etc..)

We will see some Axe fx vs Quad Cortex comparison videos soon I guess. Then we can judge for our selves. Before that I have no opinion. Better yet try it yourself but that is not easy without buying it. Just curious how it compares soundwise with the Axe fx both on the amps and effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom