Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 14.05

just found something weird. i'm hitting a control switch to turn on a drive and filter - i see this reflected in axe edit, but on the front panel nothing changes when i'm in layout view. if i go to any other view or page and back again, i see the ui has updated and the blocks look unbypassed. simply paging right to the levels view and back again will do it.
Are you zoomed out? That's a known issue and has been fixed for the next release.

oooh, just noticed if i'm zoomed out, i can scroll to the other end of the layout, so the blocks i'm trying to change go off the edge of the screen and back again and it refreshes, same as when i go to another page

oooh, just noticed if i'm zoomed out, i can scroll to the other end of the layout, so the blocks i'm trying to change go off the edge of the screen and back again and it refreshes, same as when i go to another page
I can't replicate it zoomed in (I think you're getting zoomed in/out backwards btw) but it does happen zoomed out and that's a known issue.

yeah, i think you're right. when everything big, we zoomed in...when everything small, we zoomed out. i had it backwards.

2 possible bugs:
There is a regular pop/crackle on scene 2 of the attached present (plexi 2204). I didn't get a chance to check other amp models for the same noise (had to quickly roll back to 14=4).

(Same preset) Hooked up to the latest version of AxeEdit, CPU jumps from 82 up to 85+ in AxeEdit, but not on the III itself.
Tested preset here. No crackles.

My first playing on 14.05 sounded like the AF3 lost some oomph (tech term lol), but then ..... damn volume pedal was backed off. 😔 Sounds so friggin good! Just dripping tone. Thx Cliff!!

** UPDATE** It was the UI Coil "User interface coil" Got something weird goin on with the amp block and cab block on all presets. If I pan right in the amp block nothing, center sound out of both right and left, panned left I have sound coming out of both right and left. When I pan right on my cab block I only get effects after that come after the cab block.

Last edited:
Got something weird goin on with the amp block on all presets. If I pan right in the amp block nothing, center sound out of both right and left, panned left I have sound coming out of both right and left.

Your cab block input mode is probably set to the left channel.

Not that.....
It's only happing out of the headphone jack..........

It's not the Amp block. If you bypass the Cab block and pan the Amp block, you'll see it works as expected. The Cab block sums the incoming signal to mono when using a single IR. Try using two IR's. Set the Input Mode to stereo and add an IR to Cab 1:L and another one to Cab 2:R, then try panning the Amp block again.

Last edited:
Yeah you have to use at least two IR's hard panned left and right and the input mode set to stereo to maintain full stereo separation through the cab block.

Back
Top Bottom