Help to identify these locking tuners, please

scottp

Fractal Fanatic
I just picked up this guitar used with a nice Warmoth Wenge neck. I can't seem to find any info on these locking tuners.
Have any idea who makes them? Thanks

T1.jpgT2.jpg

Fender makes their own locking tuners, chances are that's what these are (assuming the guitar is a Fender).

They are cheaper directly from Ali Express. $17.99 and free shipping :D
I trust Guitar Fetish a trillion times more then ANY seller on Ali Express. The ones from GF have served me well so far. Hell, ANYTHING from GF has served me well so far. I can't say I have the same success rate with stuff from Ali Express. With Chinese sellers that Schlock Mercenary maxim applies, a little trust goes a long way, the less you use the further you will go.

I noticed if you look closely, you can definitely see difference in the finish between the ones from Guitar Fetish and ebay.
These are not the same thing.

I trust Guitar Fetish a trillion times more then ANY seller on Ali Express. The ones from GF have served me well so far. Hell, ANYTHING from GF has served me well so far. I can't say I have the same success rate with stuff from Ali Express. With Chinese sellers that Schlock Mercenary maxim applies, a little trust goes a long way, the less you use the further you will go.
I've had good results with GFS except for when I was building a Tele partscaster.

They shipped me a body with multiple cracks across the back.

I contacted them. They told me they would send me another or refund my money...

They also assured me they take every body out of the box and inspect before shipping.

So I asked for a replacement. They sent one... Giant crack on the back of the body. Really? :(

I tried a 3rd time with a different finish and that one was fine. And overall quality was great.

A little of topic,, but :)
I have a set of inline staggered locking Fender tuners on my Strat. I suspect that they are slipping, causing tuning issues for me.

What is the industrys best locking tuners ? For a Strat ? And do they need to be staggered ? I have string trees, thx !

But it seems like they are exactly the same tuners. They import from China and they make profit.

Check the description at Guitar Fetish: "Gotoh type", "Sperzel Style". They are neither Gotoh or Sperzel. Same same no brand

Back
Top Bottom