FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.04

I've never seen this company treat any product as a second grade citizen. Software and hardware engineering is hard especially in top tier products. Give them a break some support and some patience.
That’s not what I meant at all. In order to maintain interoperability between the two primary products, one has to take the lead or else you’d inevitably end up with such a dissonance that the two would be incompatible within a short period. As I’ve said elsewhere, the way they’re handling the development branches and timelines for release is good. Weekly beta releases with new features and fixes just seems to introduce more issues than solve, not just here but in all walks of software development life. Flight simulation in particular, and gaming in general, is guilty in this regard.

BTW the phrase is “second-class citizen”, not “-grade”.

I think it's a bit weird how the firmware is rock solid for some people but occasionally freezes for others.
Aren't all people getting the exact same FM3?...
Really hope the next release of firmware for the FM3 will be as rock-solid as it is for any other Fractal audio product.

I think it's a bit weird how the firmware is rock solid for some people but occasionally freezes for others.
Aren't all people getting the exact same FM3?...
Really hope the next release of firmware for the FM3 will be as rock-solid as it is for any other Fractal audio product.
Since the cause is unknown it could be entirely dependent on use case...

Reactions: Rex
Yeah i just did exactly that and pushing the presets in now, the FM3 popped up saying it will overwrite 384 presets so just to be double sure i nudged all my patched up one to start from 385, juuuuust in case :)

Thanks bud.
I’m new to fractal but When I get to this point to download the presets I get a no response received and to ensure device is connected, I’ve updated to 1.04 and edit also to most current, am I doing something wrong?

I’m new to fractal but When I get to this point to download the presets I get a no response received and to ensure device is connected, I’ve updated to 1.04 and edit also to most current, am I doing something wrong?
Are you running Fractal-Bot stand-alone, or from inside FM3-Edit?

I know I sound like a broken record here, but I'm still unable to record with any version of this firmware. It's been a studio blockage for me. A stable firmware of any kind would be appreciated.

Interesting. I had my FM3 repaired due to feedback issues but I haven't had any issues with the firmware before or since. FM3 edit seems fine as well from what I've seen.

Shut down your FM3 and close FM3-Edit. Restart FM3-Edit. Then turn on your FM3. Try again.

If the error message comes back, write down exactly what it says.
Pop up with
No response received.
Please ensure the device is connected and powered on, then try again

Back
Top Bottom