FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.04

BryantP

Administrator
FM3 firmware version 1.04 is now available for download:

This version requires FM3-Edit version 1.01.04 or newer. Click here for FM3-Edit 1.01.04.

There are also new factory presets for this version of firmware. Click here to download FM3 Factory Presets 1.04.

Release Notes:
• CPU Performance improvements across all presets.​
• Added new amp types: Matchbox D-30 EF86, FAS Express, Triple Crest 2, Triple Crest 3, PVH 6160+ Crunch Bright, PVH 6160+ Clean Bright.​
• Block Updates (Find details in the Fractal Audio Systems Block Guide):​
Gate: Improved Downward Expander; Tremolo: Added Optical type; PEQ: Added Slope controls; Plex Delay: Added Stack/Hold, Reverb: Added Dispersion.​
• Improved power tube modeling yields smoother overdrive especially for semi-clean and edge-of-distortion tones.​
• Improved FM3-Edit preset switching time when certain blocks are present.​
• Improved USB audio performance and stability, reduced recording latency.​
• Clarified polarity options under I/O: Pedal: Switch Settings.​
• Improved how the position of pedals is detected after startup.​
• Fixed “banner messages” on the Tools page of the layout menu.​
• Parameter values now update when changed via a modifier.​
• FM3-Edit now honors the global setting for “Default Scene”.​
• Fixed “Astable” LFO type.​
• Fixed audio drop in Shred Distortion type.​
• Fixed MIDI clock sync issues.​
• Scratchpads now properly initialize on boot.​
• Added “OUTPUT 2” as an option for “USB 3,4 Record Source”.​
• LEDs and Display will no longer flicker when FM3 is powered off with USB connected.​
• Fixed Copy/Paste Block and Channel errors for the Amp and Delay blocks.​
• Added ECONOMY mode to the Reverb (from Axe-Fx III v12.08). Pre-existing presets will default to this new setting, which produces excellent results at considerably reduced CPU.​
• FC: LED rings for Looper functions will now be OFF if the Looper is not in the preset.​
• FC: “LOOPER BLOCK NOT FOUND IN THIS PRESET” message now shown when appropriate.​
• FC: The “Advanced” switch page is no longer blank after the FC banner has been displayed.​
• FC: The Tuner now exits in all cases after using “Reveal Hold”.​
• FC: Loading Factory Default Layouts now correctly initializes Layout Link Views.​
• FC: Fixed stand in switches sometimes not responding to the first press.​
• FC: Fixed the Tuner display when activated from an FM3 footswitch.​
• FC: Stand in switches now honor the Hold Function Mode “SWITCH UP” setting.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Fractal Friday!

New FM3 firmware.
New FM3-Edit
New FM3 factory presets.

Fractal-Bot and FM3-Edit have not been update to push these out yet. This will follow shortly. For now, please install manually using the links above.

Bonus! FM3 owners get a treat this time: the new power tube modeling appears here before it has been released for the Axe-Fx III!
• Improved power tube modeling yields smoother overdrive especially for semi-clean and edge-of-distortion tones.

Meanwhile, other new improvements from Axe-Fx III will be included in future FM3 releases (pitch, etc.)

Last edited:
Thanks! I don’t remember the iii getting the new power tube modeling. Are we getting this before they do?

Also, does this include the updated pitch block?

HOLY FREAKIN SHITEBALLS!
Thanks! I don’t remember the iii getting the new power tube modeling. Are we getting this before they do?

Also, does this include the updated pitch block?
yes... power tube according to Cliff this AM..sounds amazing already after seconds of testing a new stock preset ..double verb patch.
not yet on the pitch block according to cliff....

I don't know what the power tube modeling changes actually were, but to me power section distortion is noticeably "creamier" now. It sounds great, but I need to compare it to my III to make sure it's not just the placebo effect.

EDIT: Probably just my imagination. Going back and forth between the FM3 and Axe Fx on the same factory presets I do hear a subtle difference, but I don't know if it's due to the new power tube modeling or something else.

Last edited:
I don't know what the power tube modeling changes actually were, but to me power section distortion is noticeably "creamier" now. It sounds great, but I need to compare it to my III to make sure it's not just the placebo effect.

EDIT: Probably just my imagination. Going back and forth between the FM3 and Axe Fx on the same factory presets I do hear a subtle difference, but I don't know if it's due to the new power tube modeling or something else.
Not placebo or imaginary, the FM3 now sounds MUCH better than it just did., ....the Fenders are ridiculous.

does this address the issue with amps being rewritten to what's on another scene within a single preset? (using 1.0.4 beta 8)

Last edited:
Its been a while......when you load the new Factory presets....it wipes out all presets 1- 383correct ?
Need to save my mains which are in 1-15 correct ?

Back
Top Bottom