IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Thanks man! I think this one is the sweet spot in between my other Marshalls. There's less sizzle compared to the M20, but more clarity compared to the Blackjack with vintage H30's. The low end is thick without being boomy, the midrange is more present overall, and the top end has nice articulation without being too fizzy or too dull. This is my Goldilocks Marshall pack.
I'm looking for a cab (preferably a 4X12) that has a really smooth high end. No sizzle with high gain. Does this one really fit the bill or would you recommend another of your products? Used with Modded JCM 800 or Hot-Rodded Plexi type tones.

I'm looking for a cab (preferably a 4X12) that has a really smooth high end. No sizzle with high gain. Does this one really fit the bill or would you recommend another of your products? Used with Modded JCM 800 or Hot-Rodded Plexi type tones.
I would try the mixes in the MRSH M25 for starters. Sizzle mostly comes from the amp itself. Some amps have a lot of it like a Dual Rec, and some are naturally rolled off like the Friedmans or the Atomica. High quality IRs will reveal the natural top end of the amp.

These captures are incredibly accurate to the real thing. You may love your 800 tones through them, but if you feel like it still has too much sizzle for your taste, you can do a couple things.

1. Cab Block High Cut. This will chop off top end after the cab. It’s quick and easy, but you can lose string definition and liveliness that way.

2. Amp Block preamp page high cut frequency. This is my main go-to advanced parameter to open up an amp or tame the sizzle without taking away the natural character of the cab. (I wish I had this on some of my real amps) I think tweaking sizzle here gives the most natural end result.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

I would try the mixes in the MRSH M25 for starters. Sizzle mostly comes from the amp itself. Some amps have a lot of it like a Dual Rec, and some are naturally rolled off like the Friedmans or the Atomica. High quality IRs will reveal the natural top end of the amp.

These captures are incredibly accurate to the real thing. You may love your 800 tones through them, but if you feel like it still has too much sizzle for your taste, you can do a couple things.

1. Cab Block High Cut. This will chop off top end after the cab. It’s quick and easy, but you can lose string definition and liveliness that way.

2. Amp Block preamp page high cut frequency. This is my main go-to advanced parameter to open up an amp or tame the sizzle without taking away the natural character of the cab. (I wish I had this on some of my real amps) I think tweaking sizzle here gives the most natural end result.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.
Thanks for the reply! I’m actually looking for smooth high end IR’s to use with my Strymon Iridium and it doesn’t have those options but I appreciate the tip. Still think this is a good candidate for that application? Edit: Bought. We’ll see!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply! I’m actually looking for smooth high end IR’s to use with my Strymon Iridium and it doesn’t have those options but I appreciate the tip. Still think this is a good candidate for that application? Edit: Bought. We’ll see!
I still think it’s a great candidate. The Iridium’s Plexi is very dark to my ears and I normally run it with mids and treble dimed. Bringing those back will reduce fizz as well as as bringing down the treble in the Strymon IR loader. For my money, nothing beats the Fractal’s Plexi for authenticity...and I’ve compared it to my real Plexi (which now sits in my studio’s corner after comparing the two). If you need any more help, just let me know.

And here it is! The York Audio BMAN 410 P10Q Cab Pack based on a vintage Tweed Fender Bassman 4x10 combo loaded with the original Jensen P10Q alnico speakers from 1960 is now available!

Here's a little clip of me noodling with the 59 Bassguy model through Mix 12 with my Strat. Let me know what you guys think! You can find more information about it at www.yorkaudio.co, but I'll be here a lot as well in case you have any questions. This thing is truly special, and I can't wait to hear what you guys do with it!

And here it is! The York Audio BMAN 410 P10Q Cab Pack based on a vintage Tweed Fender Bassman 4x10 combo loaded with the original Jensen P10Q alnico speakers from 1960 is now available!

Here's a little clip of me noodling with the 59 Bassguy model through Mix 12 with my Strat. Let me know what you guys think! You can find more information about it at www.yorkaudio.co, but I'll be here a lot as well in case you have any questions. This thing is truly special, and I can't wait to hear what you guys do with it!

Amazing, remember you have to share the preset so we can buy and sound so amazing lol 😂

That has character for days.

Amazing, remember you have to share the preset so we can buy and sound so amazing lol 😂
Sure thing. Here's the preset I used. It's the 59 Bassguy with the bright switch off, which lets you use more treble and presence and cut the bass. The bright version sounds amazing too, but I just set the controls the same way I did on the real amp plugged into the Normal channel. It's so satisfying. I like the Normal version (bright switch off) with single coils, and I like the Bright version (bright switch on) with humbucking guitars.

Attachments

• YA BMAN 410 P10Q Clip - Mix 12.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 87

That tone is freaking gorgeous!

That tone is freaking gorgeous!
Agreed.

Those speakers in a BF Super Reverb cab would be real close to a Concert 6G12 4x10". I'd have to check dimensions on both to be sure, but the cabs and rear baffles are pretty similar. Doubtless the Super Reverb would be closer than a tweed Bassman cab.

The guitar shop I frequent in Scottsdale had a real 'center volume' 6G12 last fall, but it disappeared earlier this year. Not sure if it was bought or if the owner pulled it out of consignment, but it sounded really good. I wish I'd bought it, so it could have been shot and a bunch of IRs created from it....

Instantly purchased, like most of your packs xD. I've been waiting for this one ever since you "teased" the single impluse of it a couple months ago.
Haven't had much time to try yet but so far it sounds nothing short of amazing (as always.) Mix 07 is my favorite so far from the few i tried, but ill update with my other favs.

The amount of work you put into these, $15 is an absoulte steal... I have over 550,000 impluse files in my folder and yours are the only ones I need. These truely are the best impluses on the market, thanks again for your hard work!

Instantly purchased, like most of your packs xD. I've been waiting for this one ever since you "teased" the single impluse of it a couple months ago.
Haven't had much time to try yet but so far it sounds nothing short of amazing (as always.) Mix 07 is my favorite so far from the few i tried, but ill update with my other favs.

The amount of work you put into these, $15 is an absoulte steal... I have over 550,000 impluse files in my folder and yours are the only ones I need. These truely are the best impluses on the market, thanks again for your hard work!
Thank you so much for this and for acknowledging the amount of work it takes to make these. I’ve been nervous about shooting this cab, which is why it took so long to release. The speakers are 60 years old and I didn’t want to risk damaging them, so capturing the cab was a mixture of pure playing bliss along with a touch of anxiety. I think it turned out great though! The Alnico speakers put it in a cool place in between typical Fender tones and Voxy chime. I’m glad you’re connecting with it!

Thanks again for the kind words. They really do mean a lot.

Works wonderfully with my 59 Bassman presets! Quite a bit of work with all the mixes available...however, it was easy to find a great mix, despite all the options. Thanks!

Works wonderfully with my 59 Bassman presets! Quite a bit of work with all the mixes available...however, it was easy to find a great mix, despite all the options. Thanks!
I’m glad you’re digging it. I wanted the mixes to be diverse, so some are balanced and neutral while others give you more character of the cabinet. I made them to work well with various guitars, so you can choose something glassy or something smoother. Also, try blending in the REAR capture if you want to tame some top end and add some pleasant low-mid meat to your sound.

Back
Top Bottom