Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Just finished (I hope) this build with 4 stand in switches, wireless guitar, wireless ears, all held in place with Velcro so when I don't need wireless I can grab what I do need. So far I've only programed 2 of the switches (4 functions) Not sure yet what else I'll need or want. Bet I find something though :)
This is really cool.
I think I'll be building myself a custom plywood pedalboard too, when i get my FM3.
We'll see how that goes.

That’s what I’ve been wanting to do, but I couldn’t find that male connector anywhere. You sure Home Depot has them?
Yes. I was a little off on the price ($7-$10), but if you search the website for male electrical plug it will show up. I tried to post a link but the forum wouldn’t allow it. You could probably get them on Amazon as well. Hope that helps

They're actually really nice. They have much better low end response on the floor then up on stands like I had them previously.

Some days I wish I had opted for the 12" models, butI think for what I'm using them for right now they'd be too big. Plus my FM3 doubles as my computer's audio interface so I can play music back through the Headrush cabs while I'm working. It's a pretty awesome setup
Regarding the Headrush FRFR-108s, I'll concur they are pretty amazing. I'm still using them with my Avid Elevenrack until the mystical day when I get my FM3, but they sound fantastic.

For some perspective, I've used them with a very loud 80's-ish metal band. The first time I tried one, I had one of these and the other guitarist was playing a Marshall half-stack. I was almost able to keep up (funny enough, the tone I dialed in was a little TOO close to his so we were stepping on each other). With two of these it is no sweat.

I think they can sound a little boomy at low volume (especially on the floor), but at high volume this seems to balance out a bit. I still haven't totally dialed in my EQ at the louder volumes, but they sound really good and definitely move air in a "real" way.

Finally done. 1/8 ABS plastic on underside to better fill the space between FM3 / EV-2 and board. Feet don’t touch so could have used thinner material. This process uses twice as much dual lock but it’s not moving! I probably could have stuck the plastic to the FM3 / EV-2 some other way and saved on dual lock. Oh well.

Next, mounted two switches directly to board. That was fun. The NUX is solid. Drilled out the holes and then also had to use a grinder to remove metal support from the back side. Then hit with flat black paint. Provides a lot more clearance and feet won’t accidentally hit buttons when using the pedal.

View attachment 67114View attachment 67115View attachment 67116View attachment 67117View attachment 67118View attachment 67119

Love the creativity, simple, clean & very functional! Nice job.

To answer my own question, yes this is possible with a little creativity. Here's the board I just put together: FM3, EV2, Shure GLXD16 and a Pedal Power 2+ on a Temple Audio Duo 17.

Take #2: I bought a dual momentary switch and decided to pull out the Pedal Power 2 while I was in there since it wasn't necessary. The power cords for the wireless' adapter are still a bit of a rat's nest, but I'm not inclined to cut them to length. I was worried that accidentally hitting the stand-in switches while using the expression pedal would be an issue, but after seeing a few others arranged like this I figured I'd give it a try. So far I don't think it will be a problem and it's really nice to always have access to the tuner, tap tempo and a link to my home layout.

XAsz1nf.jpg

5k9BjF0.jpg

Take #2: I bought a dual momentary switch and decided to pull out the Pedal Power 2 while I was in there since it wasn't necessary. The power cords for the wireless' adapter are still a bit of a rat's nest, but I'm not inclined to cut them to length. I was worried that accidentally hitting the stand-in switches while using the expression pedal would be an issue, but after seeing a few others arranged like this I figured I'd give it a try. So far I don't think it will be a problem and it's really nice to always have access to the tuner, tap tempo and a link to my home layout.

XAsz1nf.jpg

5k9BjF0.jpg
Which Temple board is that? Duo 17?

Ok, well it doesn't fit perfect but it works. It's my son's temple solo 18 but he hasn't been using it so I snagged it for now until I figure out what I really want to do. Considering adding a bigsky or something similar to offload CPU. If you want to mount the board and leave the feet on you can grab some M3.5-0.6 x 16 mm screws off amazon (link below). You will need some washers as well. I grabbed some at lowes just now but you can probably grab them on amazon at the same time. 4mm flat washers work fine or you can grab locking ones in addition.

M3.5-0.6 x 16 mm Screws (pack of 100!)

IMG_1327.jpeg
IMG_1326.jpeg

Plenty of airflow:

IMG_1325.jpeg
IMG_1323.png

Last edited:
Yes. I was a little off on the price ($7-$10), but if you search the website for male electrical plug it will show up. I tried to post a link but the forum wouldn’t allow it. You could probably get them on Amazon as well. Hope that helps
Just search Amazon for an “IEC power cord.” There are several in the 12” - 18” range for around $5.

Thanks guys. But I already bought a short IEC cord on amazon with a right angle. I just used a knife to cut like 1/8” of a isolation from the plug so it can be pushed trough the hole on temple board. It needed a little force but I eventually pulled it trough. Here’s how everything looks. I used industrial Velcro. I didn’t want to remove feet, so I used 4 strips of Velcro on top of each other, and now temple mounting plates can reach the pedalboard.

5EF69016-D4FA-4F8B-902D-F3360868181E.jpeg
50AE58EF-B637-4A45-8B0D-49F4F168E1B0.jpeg
F3717A8E-04DF-4C44-90D0-EA58522CAF9F.jpeg
85702CC1-638D-4C89-AA8C-F341E6BBCBAB.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. But I already bought a short IEC cord on amazon with a right angle. I just used a knife to cut like 1/8” of a isolation from the plug so it can be pushed trough the hole on temple board. It needed a little force but I eventually pulled it trough. Here’s how
verting looks. I used industrial temple mounting plates. For fm3, I didn’t want to remove feet, so I used 4 strips of industrial strength Velcro on top of each other, so temple mounting plates can reach the pedalboard.

View attachment 67403
View attachment 67402
View attachment 67404
View attachment 67405

Looks great!

For those of you with Temple Boards and running power to the FM3. This may be of interest to you and might save you a couple bucks so you don't need to buy a module. I'm trying these out on my board. I have an ISO5 power supply from an old board and already have a temple IEC module so I needed a way to power the FM3 so I ordered a splittler (1 lead to power ISO5 and other for FM3) but I still needed something a bit longer and a way to get it through the board. 14 bucks for both of these below and I just have to snip one of the ends off. We will see how it goes but I will upload some photos afterwards.

IEC Lock Connector

Adapter.jpg

Cable

Cable.jpg

Thanks guys. But I already bought a short IEC cord on amazon with a right angle. I just used a knife to cut like 1/8” of a isolation from the plug so it can be pushed trough the hole on temple board. It needed a little force but I eventually pulled it trough. Here’s how everything looks. I used industrial Velcro. I didn’t want to remove feet, so I used 4 strips of Velcro on top of each other, and now temple mounting plates can reach the pedalboard.

View attachment 67403
View attachment 67402
View attachment 67404
View attachment 67405
This looks really nice. If I decide to add a reverb pedal in the future to save some CPU I may go with the Duo 24.

View attachment 67403
View attachment 67402
View attachment 67404
View attachment 67405

Oh man, that is sweet!

View attachment 67403
View attachment 67402
View attachment 67404
View attachment 67405

Well damn. I bought this right angle power cable, to safe some room and to look nicer. But now I can't plug in SPDIF cable. 🤦‍♂️
So, I need to buy another one again, go back to the straight one. Also, I saw that they released that capo/detune that sounds really good on Axe FX III. So probably in the near future if they release it for FM3, I'll be getting rid of Drop pedal.

Well damn. I bought this right angle power cable, to safe some room and to look nicer. But now I can't plug in SPDIF cable. 🤦‍♂️
So, I need to buy another one again, go back to the straight one. Also, I saw that they released that capo/detune that sounds really good on Axe FX III. So probably in the near future if they release it for FM3, I'll be getting rid of Drop pedal.
I used this one for that very reason.

SF Cable 8" 18/3 AWG Left Angle IEC 60320 C14 to C13 Power Extension Cord, 10Amp, 250V, Compaitable for PC, Monitor, Scanner or Printer Amazon product ASIN B00B2BZHKO

Temple Audio board came in for my FM3 and Line6 G50 wireless. Voodoo pedal power on the bottom of the board to power the FM3 and G50.

Using a NUX board for the FC-6 and Expression pedal.

I leave the FM3 on the backline and run my FC-6 or FC-12 board out front with me. Nice and clean. Just an xlr cable running across the stage.

Love the modular design of the FM3.
C448E2CA-E374-45D7-B085-75F242E2766D.jpeg169E2DFB-E78E-4A65-ADDE-A0EE24FBC0E4.jpegDC02B653-228A-49C6-BC86-F1E17CC4275D.jpeg423B74F2-EBBD-4D75-B3F9-DCC79DD81611.jpeg1882E12C-8165-4176-BDAC-953AEDBD4E8E.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom