Classes The Complete Axe-Fx III Master Class with Cooper Carter - v3.0 AVAILABLE NOW!

Classes for rent or purchase related to Fractal Audio equipment.
l just purchased this class and recommend it HIGHLY! l am just beginning to go through the course but have learned so much already. I am a long time Axe user, starting with the Axe FX II and now the III, but I was always kind of “muddling” my way through trying to learn as I went. YouTube was a big help, shout out to Leon Todd @2112 for some excellent instructional videos. Cooper’s course goes in depth but at a rate that is not overwhelming. Plus he updates the course periodically according to Axe III firmware updates so you are always current. Excellent job Cooper @ccroyalsenders! To all new users and experienced users, get this course! You will not regret it!

Hi Cooper, I just finished your course, and it was great, thank you!

One item I noticed is in 'Dialing in a Classic Rock Tone,' the intro is the full 30+ minute video covering all of the sub-chapters below it. The other topics aren't like this, so I think it was left full length in error. As an aside, I love being able to see the whole chapter at once, but that's probably more work for you regarding updates... Maybe the site could implement 'autoplay next.'

Lastly, as the series is quite long, when the updates are complete, can you please let us know the chapters updated so we can review just those videos?

Thanks man!!

Hi Cooper,

I am just went thru your chapter "Tone Matching" and I am missing the IRs in the presets
  • Acoustic Tone Match
  • Turn This Electric Acoustic!
Alternatively please provide the corresponding TMAs in the corresponding presets.

By the way the web page www.redwirez.com/pcalc.jsp does not exist anymore.

/HaPe

Hi Cooper,

I am just went thru your chapter "Tone Matching" and I am missing the IRs in the presets
  • Acoustic Tone Match
  • Turn This Electric Acoustic!
Alternatively please provide the corresponding TMAs in the corresponding presets.

By the way the web page www.redwirez.com/pcalc.jsp does not exist anymore.

/HaPe

They're the same IR. It should be there. Trying clearing your cache?

Thx for the heads up on the Redwirez site. Shame they took that down. I'll need to update that section to note as much.

Great! Yes, obviously there is a lot of overlap between the two units, but the physical differences in terms of routing, control, etc. as well as CPU differences are wide enough IMO to constitute an entirely new class. Stay tuned....

So would you recommend actually holding off for the FM3 class? Or is there enough of an overlap that it would be worth the benefit of the AXE-FX III class to get started? I am currently awaiting the FM3 because of its portability. But I may also consider purchasing the III in the future for studio work if I can confidently discover a significant enough benefit to doing so to cover any limitations of the FM3 in the studio. Will the FM3 class cover this topic anyway? Will you perhaps have a deal on the FM3 class for III class investors?

They're the same IR. It should be there. Trying clearing your cache?

Thx for the heads up on the Redwirez site. Shame they took that down. I'll need to update that section to note as much.
Maybe I understood something wrong.

I learned so far: The result of a tone matching process is stored in a TMA block. The result can be exported to a user cab so it can be used by any other preset. The IR player is a simplified version of a cab block. In your preset 'Turn This Electric Acoustic!' the IR player points to a cab that is very likely not the result of the tone matching process before, see below:
1580891536924.png

So what is wrong?

Maybe I understood something wrong.

I learned so far: The result of a tone matching process is stored in a TMA block. The result can be exported to a user cab so it can be used by any other preset. The IR player is a simplified version of a cab block. In your preset 'Turn This Electric Acoustic!' the IR player points to a cab that is very likely not the result of the tone matching process before, see below:
View attachment 63216

So what is wrong?

As noted in the class, the IR player will need to be pointed to the correct USER slot once you load in the Acoustic Tone Match IR included in the class.
The reason it points to Factory 1 is so that the preset passes sound by default. Most people's user slots are empty, so an empty USER 1 would mute the preset entirely.

If you need help loading the IR in, please refer to the Managing Cabs segment in the "Managing Presets & Cabs, Wrapping Up & Further Exploration" section of the class.

As noted in the class, the IR player will need to be pointed to the correct USER slot once you load in the Acoustic Tone Match IR included in the class.
The reason it points to Factory 1 is so that the preset passes sound by default. Most people's user slots are empty, so an empty USER 1 would mute the preset entirely.

If you need help loading the IR in, please refer to the Managing Cabs segment in the "Managing Presets & Cabs, Wrapping Up & Further Exploration" section of the class.
Now I have found the corresponding user cabs on your site, download, tweak a little and everything is fine :)

Man I bought this the other day as a brand new Axe owner to help shorten the learning curve and I can already see this is going to be so useful and helpful. I’ve made it through the creation of the first clean sound and I’m loving it. Cooper thanks for creating this and making it available to users. I was happy to pay for the content and I look forward to making it all the way through it all.

Man I bought this the other day as a brand new Axe owner to help shorten the learning curve and I can already see this is going to be so useful and helpful. I’ve made it through the creation of the first clean sound and I’m loving it. Cooper thanks for creating this and making it available to users. I was happy to pay for the content and I look forward to making it all the way through it all.

Hell yeah!! Thanks for the great review. I'm so glad the class has already been so helpful, even after just the first three sections!
I hope the rest of the class helps you explore this amazing unit even more.

Hell yeah!! Thanks for the great review. I'm so glad the class has already been so helpful, even after just the first three sections!
I hope the rest of the class helps you explore this amazing unit even more.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Cooper,
Just found this lesson you are running since 2018. If paid, then it takes me to the latest, fully up-to-date version of
twelve hours lessions without any hassle?.. As a beginner I really hope get through the machine...thanks!

This is my personal summary on Cooper Carter’s Axe-FX-III Master Class.

I have been an AX8 user for 2 years and was very familiar with that device. Last Xmas I have upgraded to Axe-FX-III and luckily I have not to start from scratch because some things are in common. However there are quite a few things that have to be learned and if you do it by yourself like me then it is taking a lot of time and guessing. Unfortunately the Axe-FX-III owner’s manual has not been updated since firmware 5.x.

You will find on YouTube a lot of tutorials for free. It is like finding crumbs and putting a puzzle together. But somehow the picture will never get complete.

This is where Cooper Carter’s master class comes in. Cooper closed (almost) all of my gaps. He will not teach you all the features of a synth block but he will provide you with a lot of ideas you have never thought of.

In a nutshell - it is the most complete class available today.

I just purchased the course, yay! Going to start digging in!

Cave Man happy!

You won't regret it. It's going to save you a ton of time. Option paralysis can sometimes stop people in their tracks. This class will leave with just enough info to be dangerous. It'd be great if more people did these kinds of courses with their products

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Cooper,
Just found this lesson you are running since 2018. If paid, then it takes me to the latest, fully up-to-date version of
twelve hours lessions without any hassle?.. As a beginner I really hope get through the machine...thanks!

Yes, you will always see the latest version of all class content. Old content is deleted from the class since I only replace parts that are no longer relevant.

Hi Cooper @ccroyalsenders!
I just completed the Dialing in a High Gain Tone chapter of your course. Wow! My mind is overflowing with ideas now! In a matter of minutes you showed the trick to unlocking that huge Petrucci modern high gain tone I have been chasing for months. I have not had a chance yet to try the Enhance block (I know stupid me), but wow it is fantastic! Maybe it is just my ears, but I also detected how I might apply this method to some Rush tones as well, particularly on their later recordings. I also had my eyes opened to the benefits of a Chorus and the Plex Delay. I have been reading a lot about the Plex Delay but have not yet had a chance to experiment with it, but I am charged up for that now. Also, it is amazing (at least to me) how the Chorus can make the sound so HUGE! Thanks again for this class Cooper! It is much appreciated! Once again I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this course to one and all!!!

To answer the question... nope I'm not a schill LOL I just recommend it as often as I can because its great at getting to the nuts and bolts of it.
I continue to go back and learn something new each time.

I just want to say - this course is awesome! It has already answered many questions I had and shown me things I did not know this thing could do!

PS: my lady thinks you're cute Cooper, lol!

Back
Top Bottom