Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.00

GRRRRRRRRRRR..... all of my amps have defaulted to '59 Bassguy.

Never mind. Some kind of weird Axe-Edit sync issue. They're back now.

Nope. Some weirdness going on with Axe-Edit. The names of the amps in Axe-Edit aren't the same as the patches.

If I look on the unit itself, the amp is the Atomica High. As soon as I look on the unit, it correctly syncs the amp name back to Axe-Edit.
Amp names wrong.png

Working perfectly here alongside AxEdit RC on the Mac

Sounds better than ever. New reverb has got me changing everything. Sounds so good and the tails sound out so much better turning it down in a lot of cases.

Rediscovered the Plexi’s tonight. Good grief!

I just tried it again several times.

1. Select flanger block.
2. Select Channel A
3. Click on the dot on the manual button while holding down the control button on Mac.
4. Click on the source window and then select External 2.
5. Click on the Channel window and select channel A.
So now you have set channel A to have the external 2 pedal control the manual, just for channel A.

6. Select Channel B
7. Click on the dot on the manual button while holding down the control button on Mac.
8. Click on the source window and then select None
9. Click on the Channel window and select channel B.
So now you have set channel B to None, just for channel B.

Save the preset.

Now go back and look at channel A and it will be reset back to All.

Even if you set all 4 channels differently, whatever you set the last one to they will all switch back to either none or All.

I am on Axe XIII firmware 12.
Axe Edit III 1.04.02 RC 1
FC-12 firmware 1.10
I-Mac 10.13.3

Edit: Ok I just went back to Firmware 11.01 and Axe Edit 1.04 and it is doing the exact same thing as I describe above.
This can't be correct behavior. Why even give us the option in the edit modifier of All, Channel A, B, C, or D if no matter what we choose it always reverts back to All for every channel.

Last edited:
Now the amp names change, but every patch registers as modified on load.
That could be normal if you have a phaser in those patches or if you didn't save them after the new impedance curves were implemented.

But as I mentioned in a previous post, I think there's a bug affecting the modifiers assigned to only one channel, in a couple presets where I had those the modifier was changed to all channel and the edited LED was lit upon loading.

Both of you, go download the new axe edit

And then tell it to refresh all it's parameters.

Okay, I thought I had the 1.04.02 RC1 version of Edit, but I didn't.

Now the amp names change, but every patch registers as modified on load.
Any preset with a phaser or flanger block in it will show as edited on load because the blocks are getting updated to the new versions when you call up the preset. It's detailed in the included documents in the zip file.

Rolling back to 11.01. This one isn't ready for live use.

LOL. Mmmmkay.

Back
Top Bottom