Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.00

I just tried it again several times. Definite bug in either the firmware or Axe Edit.

1. Select flanger block.
2. Select Channel A
3. Click on the dot on the manual button while holding down the control button on Mac.
4. Click on the source window and then select External 2.
5. Click on the Channel window and select channel A.
So now you have set channel A to have the external 2 pedal control the manual, just for channel A.

6. Select Channel B
7. Click on the dot on the manual button while holding down the control button on Mac.
8. Click on the source window and then select None
9. Click on the Channel window and select channel B.
So now you have set channel B to None, just for channel B.

Save the preset.

Now go back and look at channel A and it will be reset back to All.

Even if you set all 4 channels differently, whatever you set the last one to they will all switch back to either none or All.

I am on Axe XIII firmware 12.
Axe Edit III 1.04.02 RC 1
FC-12 firmware 1.10
I-Mac 10.13.3

Edit: Ok I just went back to Firmware 11.01 and Axe Edit 1.04 and it is doing the exact same thing as I describe above.
This can't be correct behavior. Why even give us the option in the edit modifier of All, Channel A, B, C, or D if no matter what we choose it always reverts back to All for every channel.
The modifiers are set per block, not per channel.
You can have the modifier active in one or all channels: all, a,b,c,d

When your change channels on the block, you are still editing the same modifier settings.

@FractalAudio Will the flanger/phaser update impact those blocks on presets made on 11.00? Had a friend ask me and knew this would be the quickest way to get an answer.

@FractalAudio Will the flanger/phaser update impact those blocks on presets made on 11.00? Had a friend ask me and knew this would be the quickest way to get an answer.
Yes, those blocks are reset when you load old presets, and even if they didn't reset I guess they'd sound different anyway

Pretty sure yes. Anytime a block is completely redone, usually default settings are loaded due to the new parameters. We’ve seen this with the MTD block and others in the past.

@moderators or FractalAudio, should i create a topic on the modifiers bug so it doesn't get burried in all the answers here?

Back
Top Bottom