Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00

I can t and don t imagine I will prefer 10.02 sound .... I will follow my ears but eveyone one expresses that 11Fw is sounding so much better than 10.02

I will upgrade to Fw 11 as I can t imagine one second that the new impedance curve is not a leap forward and that the Axe will sound far better with this new forward rather than 10.02 ..... I didn t read any comment in the thread that expresses anything else ....

I will upgrade to Fw 11 as I can t imagine one second that the new impedance curve is not a leap forward and that the Axe will sound far better with this new forward rather than 10.02 ..... I didn t read any comment in the thread that expresses anything else ....
Oh yea Firmware 11 is great.
Just REMEMBER, if you are going to update your factory presets to the new firmware 11 preset pack, SAVE your personal customized presets before updating, as installing the new Firmware 11 presets will over-write any and all preset in its path, and you will lose your customized preset settings.

I play with Studio Monitors and always felt like something was off. I thought maybe I needed an actual cab to get the real good jamming tones.

I don't know if it was this firmware or the one before that did it (probably both), but now everything sounds amazing.

Oh yea Firmware 11 is great.
Just REMEMBER, if you are going to update your factory presets to the new firmware 11 preset pack, SAVE your personal customized presets before updating, as installing the new Firmware 11 presets will over-write any and all preset in its path, and you will lose your customized preset settings.
Thanks ,
Yes I ll follow your advise ;)

The new FW11 ist great, dont regret one second to do the update, the sound comes more natural and the new impedance curves are fantastic regarding the feeling of the amp. Especially the Mesa Straight Curve is really a must hear. The new Factory Presets are also nice sounding, thank you for all the guys who have create them. Have saved my custom made presets to bank a and then use bank b,c and d for the new firmware presets. Think its a good way to have the old FW10.2 presets saved and make the decission leave the impedance curve or save the new one in FW11... my choice was rellay easy, and i use the curves in all presets as they will bring the sound alive on studio monitors or frfr cabs.

DAMN!,, I Can not get over on how Awesome this thing sounds and FEELS right now! Ive played on different modelers and amps forever. Yes I got the Kemper,the pod pros,helix,11rack and several others I reckon,,but so what! I'll prolly never touch em again! The Axe Fx has em beat bad and is the only thing I will be playing through from now on! Much thanks for these BadAss updates!!

The past few updates have been phenomenal! A flurry of good improvements.

Edit: I stand corrected. There is a Friedman impedance option with Greenbacks and Vintage 30s after all.

Last edited:

As far as speaker impedance, I primarily use IRs of a Friedman 4x12 with Greenback and Vintage 30 speakers. While there doesn't appear to be a Friedman option (yet), I did noodle around with all the Recto and USA options and found Recto Straight to be the most pleasing for so far when using my usual USA Clean, Recto 2 Orange Modern, and JP-2C amps.

I’m not near my Axe Fx now but I’m fairly sure there IS a Friedman in there since the release of 11.

As far as speaker impedance, I primarily use IRs of a Friedman 4x12 with Greenback and Vintage 30 speakers. While there doesn't appear to be a Friedman option (yet), I did noodle around with all the Recto and USA options and found Recto Straight to be the most pleasing for so far when using my usual USA Clean, Recto 2 Orange Modern, and JP-2C amps.
There is a Friedman in there. It has a mix of Greenbacks and Vintage 30s.

Wow.
I need so much less gain... the "gain enhancer" is perfect fix for my problem.
I have some hypersensitivity to relatively loud noise, and in-ear doesn't fix the problem - so far nothing has. This FW and FW 10 has fixed it.

Before, and on the AFXII I was able to use "output compression - feedback" to simulate some of this, but never quite this well.

FFS I can't even put into words how much fun it is to get what I used to get out of a loud tube amp, but can no longer tolerate.
Without the hearing pain.

New owner as of Monday 11/18. Got a chance to get going with v10 for a day and then pow zoom bang v11 is out. Well I did the deed and all I can say is there was a noticeable difference even though I hadn't worked thru v10 that much. I think impressed is a good way to describe it. Thank you, very well done, although I may never fully know what I was missing.

Back
Top Bottom