FC Controllers Now Shipping!

It’s not a guess, I’m being cheeky. This is all the data I’ve obtained so far, so this is my conclusion as of now, more of a first impression. Compared to Mesa/boogie and kemper and bogner and other stuff I’ve used is a disappointment, which is sad because usually smaller companies have better customer relations. I care about the transferable warranty, I don’t care if other people are interested in transferable warranties. But I bet more people than me do and if given a choice would opt for it, especially on such expensive gear. Also, no offense, but your past history doesn’t do anything for me. Companies who bank on a legacy with no real quality attribute are the Gibson’s of the world. But if it makes everyone feel better I will be sticking around, I’m just holding fractal accountable for some less than stellar points of service.

So it would follow then that we can draw a conclusion/impression on you based on the limited data we have (your posts) and that would be an accurate and fair reflection of you? Or does that logic seemed flawed?

Agreed, the experience of myself and others is in no way indicative of yours. Even though I dislike using the F bomb... it applies here...faith.... i.e, a believe in something that can’t otherwise be proven. Hang around, Collect enough data, and your faith will be rewarded as the proof will render it unnecessary.

I can’t relate to warranty transfer issue, as I don’t purchase electronics with the intent of selling them later. Perhaps there’s a benefit I haven’t considered.

I know of no company that is as responsive to their customer base as FAS. Have thing gone amiss here and there? Sure, but it is the exception.

Your beat down has been as savage as it has been unjust, and yet you persist in posting here. I salute your bravery and self sacrifice for what must be an unbearable ordeal...
Your beat down has been as savage as it has been unjust, and yet you persist in posting here. I salute your bravery and self sacrifice for what must be an unbearable ordeal...

Do your parents know you’re on a online forum for adults?

What's being pointed out is your judgment has no foundation to stand on. You're entitled to your opinion, but if you make judgments that are contrary to the actual experience of others, you are going receive some pushback.

I have a foundation, be it a small foundation. This isn’t opinion that fractal dropped the ball like a ham fisted ape. Is everybody not experiencing a long wait for the fc and it’s just me? Push back as in people who are blinded by loyalty that can’t admit what I’m stating? If this was apple or another large electronics company they would be more harsh backlash than just some nobody like me screaming into a forum void.

So it would follow then that we can draw a conclusion/impression on you based on the limited data we have (your posts) and that would be an accurate and fair reflection of you? Or does that logic seemed flawed?

Agreed, the experience of myself and others is in no way indicative of yours. Even though I dislike using the F bomb... it applies here...faith.... i.e, a believe in something that can’t otherwise be proven. Hang around, Collect enough data, and your faith will be rewarded as the proof will render it unnecessary.

I can’t relate to warranty transfer issue, as I don’t purchase electronics with the intent of selling them later. Perhaps there’s a benefit I haven’t considered.

I know of no company that is as responsive to their customer base as FAS. Have thing gone amiss here and there? Sure, but it is the exception.

If I read your response correct than no my experience is not the final say of this company. Nor did I intend it to be. I also have faith it will arrive and so on. I’m also not going anywhere. I don’t jump ship as soon as we hit bad waters. But, believe it or not, my criticism is what holds companies accountable for future decisions. I understand fractal has been good to you guys and I know why people buy them, they sound very good. I’m just upset on the roll out because I have roughly $4000 glorified practice rig at home and people are suggesting I get a 3rd party controller???? Come on

I have a foundation, be it a small foundation. This isn’t opinion that fractal dropped the ball like a ham fisted ape. Is everybody not experiencing a long wait for the fc and it’s just me? Push back as in people who are blinded by loyalty that can’t admit what I’m stating? If this was apple or another large electronics company they would be more harsh backlash than just some nobody like me screaming into a forum void.
This statement shows how uninformed you are or that you simply don't care to know. I don't know what the agenda is here but to continue to argue with those who are attempting to inform you isn't helping your credibility.

This statement shows how uninformed you are or that you simply don't care to know. I don't know what the agenda is here but to continue to argue with those who are attempting to inform you isn't helping your credibility.

I want to know how I’m uninformed?

The roll-out has been stifled due to circumstances beyond Fractal's control. Interest has been huge, and they're doing the best they can.

Frankly speaking, we don't know why it's happening the way it's happening.

I try not to post on this topic, but speaking personally - my frustration is less the delay (which is hard), but more the lack of news.

As I said, this is just me - but I would have been far happier just reading something like 'We won't ship to Europe until 30 April at the earliest' and then updating that if necessary. For me it's the lack of news, whilst reading about so many people having them which is hard

True, that. It's just hard to plan anything. Should I get another controller? I'll definitely need a different pedalboard, and it'll take time to order it and build - should I bother now? Maybe the FC will be available like next year or something. Or next month.

Right now, my III sits there and does little. I sort of expected that there would be a delay with the controllers, of course, but at this point it's getting quite frustrating. I really shouldn't have spent money on the III, it turns out, and I wouldn't if I knew the controller supply situation would be this bad.

I want to know how I’m uninformed?
A quick forum search resulted in:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fc12-timeline.140964/page-2#post-1671067
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fc-controllers-now-shipping.145702/page-25#post-1740569
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/welcome-fc-controllers.144675/

To say they "dropped the ball" insinuates they had control over the situation. Wonder how reasonable you'd like your customers or boss to be if something happened that was out of your control?

You won't be disappointed , I am sitting here and the UPS man just walked up and asked me to sign on the line-
I have Waiting since May 18 th , now handed over to me are my long awaited FC12`s.
Now to learn and figure out how to set them up.
THANK YOU FRACTAL !IMG_2386.jpgIMG_2358.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to hear your not going anywhere.

My point was that the basis for your point seems flawed. No doubt others here have already drawn conclusions about you based on very limited data. Further, I would suggest those same conclusions would most likely be inaccurate and unfair to you. Now it may turn out that this limited data we have on you turns out to be consistent over time and those that have already formed opinion of you will feel vindicated. Just as your opinion on FAS may not change. The difference being those of us that have been here long enough know that this the exception and not the norm. If you only saw Peyton Manning’s last year would you be able to make an accurate assesment of his career? Your legacy point is well founded, just mis-applied in this case (IMO)... this isn’t Gibson by a long shot. I love my Bogner gear... but I can’t recall Rhienhold changing control layouts in response to the customer base and getting it out in a couple of days...as an example.

This isn’t the emperors new clothes here, as your responses seem to imply (granted I could be wrong here as the medium itself is prone to misinterpretation) and I don’t see how you can connect your responses to holding FAS accountable.

Like you, I too am stuck in an uncomfortable position not being able to integrate my 3 into my rack do to lack of a controller (yes I could use my Mfc or some other controller) but I have a very complex setup that really is best suited for the FC/3 and I don’t have the time to learn the necessary midi workaround on the MFC...so my II remains in the rack. Yes it’s been frustrating, but again, this is atypical of them.

You won't be disappointed , I am sitting here and the UPS man just walked up and asked me to sign on the line-
I have Waiting since May 18 th , now handed over to me are my long awaited FC12`s.
Now to learn and figure out how to set them up.
THANK YOU FRACTAL !View attachment 53055View attachment 53056
That is awesome Hoosierdaddy :)
Man I dig the rack you have everything neatly tucked in that’s perfect.
What all are you using there?

A quick forum search resulted in:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fc12-timeline.140964/page-2#post-1671067
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fc-controllers-now-shipping.145702/page-25#post-1740569
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/welcome-fc-controllers.144675/

To say they "dropped the ball" insinuates they had control over the situation. Wonder how reasonable you'd like your customers or boss to be if something happened that was out of your control?

Well they ask why and I’d need to be more specific. I have had that happen, we had machine shipments from Germany that was delayed. When customers and my boss asked why I had to tell them boats were delayed due to a hurricane.

To me it’s a annoying when they just say it’s delayed for reasons out of their control. I just hope it wasn’t because they didn’t give the correct part count to their parts supplier and now their waiting on back log and say it’s out of their control. I understand that this situation happens but their shipment list is many months behind. Is fractal a built to order company with small batch releases?

Glad to hear your not going anywhere.

My point was that the basis for your point seems flawed. No doubt others here have already drawn conclusions about you based on very limited data. Further, I would suggest those same conclusions would most likely be inaccurate and unfair to you. Now it may turn out that this limited data we have on you turns out to be consistent over time and those that have already formed opinion of you will feel vindicated. Just as your opinion on FAS may not change. The difference being those of us that have been here long enough know that this the exception and not the norm. If you only saw Peyton Manning’s last year would you be able to make an accurate assesment of his career? Your legacy point is well founded, just mis-applied in this case (IMO)... this isn’t Gibson by a long shot. I love my Bogner gear... but I can’t recall Rhienhold changing control layouts in response to the customer base and getting it out in a couple of days...as an example.

This isn’t the emperors new clothes here, as your responses seem to imply (granted I could be wrong here as the medium itself is prone to misinterpretation) and I don’t see how you can connect your responses to holding FAS accountable.

Like you, I too am stuck in an uncomfortable position not being able to integrate my 3 into my rack do to lack of a controller (yes I could use my Mfc or some other controller) but I have a very complex setup that really is best suited for the FC/3 and I don’t have the time to learn the necessary midi workaround on the MFC...so my II remains in the rack. Yes it’s been frustrating, but again, this is atypical of them.

Thanks man, this is a great response. You have a real good point of how by my small time here that people are judging me based on limited interactions and I’m doing the same with fractal.

Please end this side discussion or I will lock this conversation as off-topic.

Tbh you can just delete all of my comments and if others are willing, their responses to me also. I’m just going to give a formal apology in saying my frustration was over the top and this is the first time I’ve engaged in a forum like this before. Sorry guys. I just hope you’d understand I have a lot of money wrapped up in something I can’t utilize how as I wanted.

Once again, I’m sorry guys. My bad

That is awesome Hoosierdaddy :)
Man I dig the rack you have everything neatly tucked in that’s perfect.
What all are you using there?

I am having trouble with posting pics ,as you can see ,photography is not my best
I guess I should of posted my pics in the "post your FC6 & FC 12 set up threads.
Freds: As soon as I get a chance ,,I want to check this out, for a while.

Back
Top Bottom