FC Controllers Now Shipping!

I guess I was spoiled by Mesa/boogie then. You’d think for a small company, that many here praise, you’d get better service. I guess not.

Rather than “guess”, why not collect enough data and then draw a conclusion? Or are you saying that two data points (warranty transfer, and fc delay) is sufficient for you to make an accurate conclusion? Who makes decisions based on warranty transfer for consumer electronics anyway... is this really a thing?

As someone who is still waiting for my fc invite... I can tell you the “praise” is warranted. Sure I’m frustrated, but I’ve been here long enough to know this is atypical. And the twelves years of service I’ve experienced here have been unparalleled... stick around and you’ll see for yourself.

I guess I was spoiled by Mesa/boogie then. You’d think for a small company, that many here praise, you’d get better service. I guess not.

I’ll wager you won’t find better service anywhere. If you think FAS is purposefully being obtuse or some other nefarious adjective - you’ll be incorrect. I’ve been on this rock a long time and FAS stands out as one of the very best in listening to their customers and responding. You cannot find much better.

Have you read what FAS has stated about supply and related component constraints beyond their control?

Do you think they want to hold units back and not recognize revenue despite their deep investments?

Believe me that FAS has tried all kinds of methods to keep this process as fair as possible. If it’s too much, opt for another FC of your choice and either stay with it or, resell and buy an FAS FC if you still wish when available.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Rather than “guess”, why not collect enough data and then draw a conclusion? Or are you saying that two data points (warranty transfer, and fc delay) is sufficient for you to make an accurate conclusion? Who makes decisions based on warranty transfer for consumer electronics anyway... is this really a thing?

As someone who is still waiting for my fc invite... I can tell you the “praise” is warranted. Sure I’m frustrated, but I’ve been here long enough to know this is atypical. And the twelves years of service I’ve experienced here have been unparalleled... stick around and you’ll see for yourself.

It’s not a guess, I’m being cheeky. This is all the data I’ve obtained so far, so this is my conclusion as of now, more of a first impression. Compared to Mesa/boogie and kemper and bogner and other stuff I’ve used is a disappointment, which is sad because usually smaller companies have better customer relations. I care about the transferable warranty, I don’t care if other people are interested in transferable warranties. But I bet more people than me do and if given a choice would opt for it, especially on such expensive gear. Also, no offense, but your past history doesn’t do anything for me. Companies who bank on a legacy with no real quality attribute are the Gibson’s of the world. But if it makes everyone feel better I will be sticking around, I’m just holding fractal accountable for some less than stellar points of service.

to whom it may concern .aka" suncaster"...if ones buying for ones own personal use ,then you are covered ,,but if intended use is to resale and make a profit on items <FC6 , Fc12 `s ,FX III `s , ect.>,,yes it does make it harder for people to resale for -- $$ Monetary gain $$ -- " to interested buyers". These Products are the best on the market
They are Quality,"State of the Art".,you get Continuous updates and improvements,,Thats why some of the Biggest names in the Music Industry are jumping on the bandwagon of Fractal Audio.
One very happy owner of Fractal Audio gear.
If I missed the mark or came off too hard ,,Forgive me.

This appears to be your natural state of existence.
Not really, i was pleased enough to buy a fractal, then purchase a high quality power amp for it, then buy a rack case, and a power conditioner for it, and now a fc. Sorry to criticize your mighty company you moderate a forum for. Also, for somebody who moderates a forum directly for a companies products, this is very disappointing. you guys have a reputation for beating down people who critique fractal and it holds true

Not really, i was pleased enough to buy a fractal, then purchase a high quality power amp for it, then buy a rack case, and a power conditioner for it, and now a fc. Sorry to criticize your mighty company you moderate a forum for. Also, for somebody who moderates a forum directly for a companies products, this is very disappointing. you guys have a reputation for beating down people who critique fractal and it holds true
Sorry to disappoint you.

It’s not a guess, I’m being cheeky. This is all the data I’ve obtained so far, so this is my conclusion as of now, more of a first impression. Compared to Mesa/boogie and kemper and bogner and other stuff I’ve used is a disappointment, which is sad because usually smaller companies have better customer relations. I care about the transferable warranty, I don’t care if other people are interested in transferable warranties. But I bet more people than me do and if given a choice would opt for it, especially on such expensive gear. Also, no offense, but your past history doesn’t do anything for me. Companies who bank on a legacy with no real quality attribute are the Gibson’s of the world. But if it makes everyone feel better I will be sticking around, I’m just holding fractal accountable for some less than stellar points of service.
Making a lot of judgment about a company you apparently know nothing about. For a company of their size with the global reach they have, their service is by far the best of any company of any size. While the warranty is not transferable, all you need to do is stick around the forum a while or read threads of guys asking for help with their gear to see that, in most cases, they receive help whether or not their device is covered under warranty.

You bring up Mesa, I had an experience with them regarding an amp that was under warranty, it was actually within the first 3 months I had it, that was never resolved. All I received from them was grief for wanting them to cover what was clearly part of the warranty.

A warranty is only as good as the company's resolve to follow through on their "promise" stated in the warranty. Anything can be put in writing. What a company does is what counts and that is what sets Fractal above the rest.

Your beat down has been as savage as it has been unjust, and yet you persist in posting here. I salute your bravery and self sacrifice for what must be an unbearable ordeal...

I’ll wager you won’t find better service anywhere. If you think FAS is purposefully being obtuse or some other nefarious adjective - you’ll be incorrect. I’ve been on this rock a long time and FAS stands out as one of the very best in listening to their customers and responding. You cannot find much better.

Have you read what FAS has stated about supply and related component constraints beyond their control?

Do you think they want to hold units back and not recognize revenue despite their deep investments?

Believe me that FAS has tried all kinds of methods to keep this process as fair as possible. If it’s too much, opt for another FC of your choice and either stay with it or, resell and buy an FAS FC if you still wish when available.

Good luck!

I’d that’s how I come off I’m sorry, I can be incoherent when I’m upset and not structure my arguments well. What I am saying is the rolling out was executed poorly. So bad, as far as I know, is many months behind. As far as wagering about better service, that might be a wager I’d take with Mesa, but in all honesty, I literally spend tens of thousands of dollars on their gear. So maybe their biased.

Making a lot of judgment about a company you apparently know nothing about. For a company of their size with the global reach they have, their service is by far the best of any company of any size. While the warranty is not transferable, all you need to do is stick around the forum a while or read threads of guys asking for help with their gear to see that, in most cases, they receive help whether or not their device is covered under warranty.

You bring up Mesa, I had an experience with them regarding an amp that was under warranty, it was actually within the first 3 months I had it, that was never resolved. All I received from them was grief for wanting them to cover what was clearly part of the warranty.

A warranty is only as good as the company's resolve to follow through on their "promise" stated in the warranty. Anything can be put in writing. What a company does is what counts and that is what sets Fractal above the rest.

So how the hell long do I have to wait to make a judgement huh?? Months, years???!! Geez you guys feel like because I don’t have years under my belt I can’t make a judgement. Might as well have a waitlist for the forum that’s a couple months to so you are wise enough to say anything about it. Geez

I’d that’s how I come off I’m sorry, I can be incoherent when I’m upset and not structure my arguments well. What I am saying is the rolling out was executed poorly. So bad, as far as I know, is many months behind. As far as wagering about better service, that might be a wager I’d take with Mesa, but in all honesty, I literally spend tens of thousands of dollars on their gear. So maybe their biased.

The roll-out has been stifled due to circumstances beyond Fractal's control. Interest has been huge, and they're doing the best they can.

to whom it may concern .aka" suncaster"...if ones buying for ones own personal use ,then you are covered ,,but if intended use is to resale and make a profit on items <FC6 , Fc12 `s ,FX III `s , ect.>,,yes it does make it harder for people to resale for -- $$ Monetary gain $$ -- " to interested buyers". These Products are the best on the market
They are Quality,"State of the Art".,you get Continuous updates and improvements,,Thats why some of the Biggest names in the Music Industry are jumping on the bandwagon of Fractal Audio.
One very happy owner of Fractal Audio gear.
If I missed the mark or came off too hard ,,Forgive me.

You’re not far off man. Why do you thing I bought a fractal??? Because it had a good name. LET ME CAPATALIZE THIS, THE AXE III SOUNDS AMAZING AND I CANT WAIT TO USE IT LIVE AND KEEP LEARNING ABOUT IT.

Btw I’m not going to get a fc and sell it, nor do I plan on buying one used

So how the hell long do I have to wait to make a judgement huh?? Months, years???!! Geez you guys feel like because I don’t have years under my belt I can’t make a judgement. Might as well have a waitlist for the forum that’s a couple months to so you are wise enough to say anything about it. Geez
What's being pointed out is your judgment has no foundation to stand on. You're entitled to your opinion, but if you make judgments that are contrary to the actual experience of others, you are going receive some pushback.

Back
Top Bottom