Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
For to be kind of frustrating when you see Cliff drop a x.xx level firmware update and you’ve got a 1,000 amp tones you need to update lol

Don’t get me wrong, firmware updates are great, but if it means I have to update ten patches, big deal...

AB probably sees a firmware update and thinks “crap, I really didn’t need to sleep for the month of February anyways, did I?” :)

For to be kind of frustrating when you see Cliff drop a x.xx level firmware update and you’ve got a 1,000 amp tones you need to update lol

Don’t get me wrong, firmware updates are great, but if it means I have to update ten patches, big deal...

AB probably sees a firmware update and thinks “crap, I really didn’t need to sleep for the month of February anyways, did I?” :)
No doubt this is true. But alongside the remarkable quality of the previous work, it’s this commitment to giving “legs” to his product and moving forward as the platform does that makes me a happy evangelical customer.

Good stuff all around.

No doubt this is true. But alongside the remarkable quality of the previous work, it’s this commitment to giving “legs” to his product and moving forward as the platform does that makes me a happy evangelical customer.

Good stuff all around.

For sure, when folks drop $99 I think it’s not just because it sounds great now but because it also includes updates too. Kind of like FAS gear, great as is, but many people consider free updates part of the overall value

For sure, when folks drop $99 I think it’s not just because it sounds great now but because it also includes updates too. Kind of like FAS gear, great as is, but many people consider free updates part of the overall value
It may be that the update sits well with existing patches and might just need some minor tweaking on any outliers.
Folks are reporting noticeable improvements without mentioning the need to re-write patches.

I’m looking forward to details on what was tweaked regarding the modeling improvements.

I'm at NAMM this weekend but will start checking presets under new firmware next week and weekend. I suspect everything is going to be fine "as is" but we'll see!

Yes!

Just got my FC12 and FC6. Next update will integrate...

Awesome; a possible suggestion: I use mirroring on output 2 to go to my interface, it would be awesome to have a switch dedicated to turning off output 2 on your presets so I easily monitor on my interface without bypassing the output 2 manually with every patch change in axeedit or front interface.

Just a thought; and if you have any other ideas how I could accomplish it without a per-patch fc switch, i’m definitely open

Loving your pack, by the way; it’s been an inspiration! Thanks for existing!

Awesome; a possible suggestion: I use mirroring on output 2 to go to my interface, it would be awesome to have a switch dedicated to turning off output 2 on your presets so I easily monitor on my interface without bypassing the output 2 manually with every patch change in axeedit or front interface.

Just a thought; and if you have any other ideas how I could accomplish it without a per-patch fc switch, i’m definitely open

Loving your pack, by the way; it’s been an inspiration! Thanks for existing!

This is a good idea: I am going to look into this for next version for sure -- thanks! I know you can turn FX Loop blocks on/off with foot switch, now will have to see if FC12 can turn on/off different Outputs... and if not, then maybe we can ask Cliff to add that in future firmware?!?

I haven’t had a chance to try out the new firmware with these presets. Has anyone? From what others have mentioned, it seems like everything will be fine as long as Austin didn’t do any deep editing under advanced features.

I haven’t had a chance to try out the new firmware with these presets. Has anyone? From what others have mentioned, it seems like everything will be fine as long as Austin didn’t do any deep editing under advanced features.

Some of the presets I tend to gravitate toward do sound different. The Dweezil Bassman Chugger (?) sounds better than before—and it already was one of my favorite chunky presets. One of the Brit Pre presets seems to have lost it’s high-end cut. The Mark IV Mayhem preset sounds fine. But one of the Das Metal presets is a bit boomier than before.

In short, it’s been hit or miss for me after 3.x.

Was ready to pull the trigger on this pack but now I'm going to wait for it to be updated to for the AX-8 when it hopefully get the Ares 1.0 firmware update. ;)

I like to wait until the update is final public (not beta public) then test. There will be an update version from me eventually of the TonePack as this new firmware does change the tones from what I can tell. I will test it some more next week when I get back to studio from travels...

Last edited:
Was ready to pull the trigger on this pack but now I'm going to wait for it to be updated to for the AX-8 when it hopefully get the Ares 1.0 firmware update. ;)

Personally, I am not convinced that Fractal will do an Ares version for the Ax8, that is just an opinion, but we will see.

The Ax8 has significantly less onboard CPU type resources to process than the XLs and Mark IIs do as I understand it. Cliff seemed to cram everything he could into Q10.01 for Ax8 he could (amazingly) and yet it does not have everything in code identical to the versions for Axe-Fx if I understand correctly; some compromises had to be made based on the platform.

So I would not hold your breath for an Ax8 update but perhaps I will be proven wrong! Because if anyone can figure out “how to” - it is Cliff!

Personally, I am not convinced that Fractal will do an Ares version for the Ax8, that is just an opinion, but we will see.
I can understand why you would have that opinion but considering that the AX-8 and Axe FX have essentially shared firmware along the way, it would be really sad to see them diverge at the end.

I can understand why you would have that opinion but considering that the AX-8 and Axe FX have essentially shared firmware along the way, it would be really sad to see them diverge at the end.
It’s only opinion, somewhat (perhaps imperfectly) informed. Want to manage ya’lls expectations here. Everyone automatically assumes it will be easy to do for Ax8 after Axe-Fx; not sure that is true.

But if anyone can pull it off, Cliff Chase can!

It’s only opinion, somewhat (perhaps imperfectly) informed. Want to manage ya’lls expectations here. Everyone automatically assumes it will be easy to do for Ax8 after Axe-Fx; not sure that is true.
I hear ya. I'm cautiously hopeful that he will be able to pull it off because I bought the AX-8 with the idea that I could (somewhat easily) move my presets back and forth between it and the AX-8 which is something a lot of folks do.

Despite the differences in hardware between the AX-8 and Axe FX their history has proven that they share a core of compatibility at a base level. I hope that in the end this remains the same.

To be clear, I work in the tech field and I never think that something I don't know how to do myself will be easy to do, especially when it comes to code/programming.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. I haven't seen anybody on the beta thread talking about increased cpu usage. While I haven't seen any memory specs for the AX8, I have no reason to think it has less than the II. No clue what the actual situation is though....

Well Cliff in othet threadsis also saying he may be able to rework drive blocks and reduce the drive block CPU, maybe that frees up space...who knows, we will see!

This is a good idea: I am going to look into this for next version for sure -- thanks! I know you can turn FX Loop blocks on/off with foot switch, now will have to see if FC12 can turn on/off different Outputs... and if not, then maybe we can ask Cliff to add that in future firmware?!?

Just got my FC-12 and exploring pre-preset placeholders/overrides; looks like the output blocks are available for bypass options under effects category. Looks like we're good to go :)

Back
Top Bottom