Axe-Fx III Firmware 1.19 Public Beta

Loving the upgrade to the pitch block, I think it might be time to take my Whammy V off my pedal-board now. Unfortunately the cross-fade at the start/end of a loop still makes the looper block unusable for me. Would be great to have an option to disable that so it behaves more like the looper on the Axe FX II which was perfect.

Loving the upgrade to the pitch block, I think it might be time to take my Whammy V off my pedal-board now. Unfortunately the cross-fade at the start/end of a loop still makes the looper block unusable for me. Would be great to have an option to disable that so it behaves more like the looper on the Axe FX II which was perfect.
I tested this heavily before and after and didn’t have issue with the current implementation. You still hear a cross fade?

Out of convenience, I use the Drop to tune down 1/2 or whole step and a Morpheus Capo to tune up to a 12 string. I never know when I'll start playing a VH, U2, or 80's NWOHM song.

I know this might be "fake sound" but the Line 6 M13 pitch pedal works great too. I've used that forever. I haven't tried the Helix or HX Stomp yet, so I'll report back.

Note - I'm not criticizing Fractal's pitch algorithm. Any time I download a patch and it has a pitch pedal, sounds great. I'm just too apathetic to put a pitch block in every patch.

Pitch block upgrade is better than the previous iteration. At least in testing the factory preset with the down tuning compared to the updated algo. 1/2 step feels and sounds good. Thanks for the upgrade!

I tested this heavily before and after and didn’t have issue with the current implementation. You still hear a cross fade?

It's definitely an improvement over 1.18, but depending on the type of riff I'm trying to loop I'm still hearing a fade in which really breaks the flow of the loop. I have no issues creating loops on 1.14 but then I lose the threshold parameter :(

It's definitely an improvement over 1.18, but depending on the type of riff I'm trying to loop I'm still hearing a fade in which really breaks the flow of the loop. I have no issues creating loops on 1.14 but then I lose the threshold parameter :(
Any chance for an audio sample?

Any chance for an audio sample?

Hey Chris, I uploaded a quick example here:

So the first part of that clip is me using my Axe FX III with my Ditto looper. I play a riff once and it loops back twice seamlessly.

The second part is using the looper on the Axe FX III. I play the riff once and the first loop sounds fine, but then there's a brief gap in the audio between the second and third loop.

I just tried it and have to agree with all of your posts here about the looper. It is slightly better than v1.18 but this does not solve the core of the problem for me as there is still a gap. The gap is present on the stacked layers too, which makes it more and more noticeable as the song builds up, and makes it unusable for me in a live situation.
It worked nicely on 1.14, I agree it would be great to simply have an user option to disable the crossfade.

The improvement of the pitch block is awesome.

OK, am I missing something here? I put the Pitch Shift into the chain before the
amp, but I can't seem to bypass the original signal. So I get the regular Pitch plus the
drop pitch. I didn't do a deep dive to see why, just messing around.

Just trying to see if I can use this for 1/2 or full step down to replace a Morpheus Drop Tune.

Thanks

OK, am I missing something here? I put the Pitch Shift into the chain before the
amp, but I can't seem to bypass the original signal. So I get the regular Pitch plus the
drop pitch. I didn't do a deep dive to see why, just messing around.

Just trying to see if I can use this for 1/2 or full step down to replace a Morpheus Drop Tune.

Thanks
Did you set the Mix to 100%?

Did you set Voice 2 to 0%?

Back
Top Bottom