Strangest things you’ve seen at your gigs

bishop5150

Fractal Fanatic
Had the strangest I’ve seen at our show at The House of Blues over the weekend. Pole dancers onstage with us. My dad and my stepmom came to see my Ozzy tribute for the first time and we end up having pole dancers onstage with us. They got two shows in one. LOL!
E100112D-8708-4306-AC0A-9A3320AEA95F.jpeg
833662F3-AA75-4839-B319-ABC23326928C.jpeg

B9FB9CF3-5E56-4591-94B0-E9BF04469E18.jpeg
C33A3E97-9538-47C2-A9A7-7D84C8994827.jpeg
468FEEF3-AAE4-4918-BF28-D72A100D8B6A.jpeg

I've done a gig once where our singer had arranged for a BDSM mistress to be her slave during the show. It was a weird band to begin with, and we always tried to find more creative things to do with our show. Probably because musically we sucked big. Fun times!

Many years ago, my previous band (current one's been active 25 years!) played a show at the local Air Force base.

We were playing hard rock and metal in the bar on base where all the general enlisted folks came. The house was packed.

The singer decides to "spin" his mic overhead by the cable like a lasso. When he attempts to retrieve said spinning mic, he comes up with an empty XLR plug. The mic is gone!

A few seconds later, somebody brings him the SM57 from the front of the bathroom, which is about 50-60 feet directly in front of him.

Apparently, he managed to fire that mic at head level (the "stage" was not elevated) straight thru the crowd without hitting anyone!

Also, for this show, our young bassist with short hair decided to wear a (very realistic) wig to better fit our image - the rest of us were all seasoned hair farmers.

About halfway thru the set, one of his friends that was attending decided to just snatch it off his head as he walked by!

It was so funny seeing the look on not only his face, but everyone in the audience that thought it was his real hair :)

Back in the days when bars had the same band for 6 nights in a row every week, one of our friends decided to hire a troupe of belly dancers one night to entertain our band. Most of them were too young to be in the bar legally, but who were we to complain, lol? They showed up between songs in the middle of the set, with their music blasting through our PA. We just stood on stage and watched the show on the dance floor with big ol' sh*t-eating grins on our faces. When they were done, they all came up on stage and gave each band member hugs and/or quick kisses. I fondly remember one sweet young thing who give me a kiss and immediately tried to find my tonsils with her tongue in the process. :p

Played an event called "Nudapollooza" at a swingers resort near Orlando.. To each their own and no offense to the the members, but not sure I'd do that again.. My eyes still hurt if ya know what I mean. lol
Lmao! I imagine some things just can’t be unseen.

Stripper story #___
Was gigging at a side-by-side bar on the road: strippers on the left, rockers on the right.
A drunk stripper from next door stumbled in, slopped her way to the stage, did some nice bump/grind, got behind me and did the octopus arms thing, which was fine until her hands started fondling my package as I sang Deep Purple's Perfect Strangers. You think it'd help the high notes...not true.

Last edited:
More fitting to the "strange" theme:
was gigging solo a few years ago and two nutty guys come in. One had a husky beanie hat on like this one. Typical drunks so I didn't pay much attention until the beanie hat guy goes down on all fours on the dance floor crawling everywhere, barking and fake-peeing on everything. Haven't seen that before or since.
41vjaUR8JWL._SY300_.jpg

Way better than real-peeing though.

Had a similar thing happen many years ago at a Dead show... we were in the front row of seats along the side and right below us this couple decided to get all grateful with each other ;-) The crowd on the floor opened up about a 10 foot circle to give them space (or to give themselves space, lol). As people came up the side trying to get closer to the stage they saw this big open area in front of them, ran into it, and then realized what was happening at their feet... quite amusing. The couple also took advantage of the area and worked themselves "upstream" - they started a bit to my left and ended up about 15 feet to my right.

Back
Top Bottom