Strangest things you’ve seen at your gigs

A long time ago I worked on the Easy Riders Rodeo Tour (late 98 - 2000) - Basically a weekend fair ground or field with thousands of bikers and a few regional and national acts mixed in. Crazy stuff happened during the shows, but it was even crazier in the camp grounds after the shows. They used to have girls riding on the back of bikes, moving very slowly, trying to eat hotdogs hanging from a string covered in mustard. Saw many many naked girls at every show, encouraged them all to get onstage and dance naked of course. My first gig with the tour at the ripe old age of 18 or 19, I saw two drunk girls get naked and make out on stage, one fell off of the stage she was so lit. Stuff like that went on at all the tour stops, the most extreme version of it was at the Chillicothe Ohio stops, which were usually double the size of the other events and for some reason even crazier. Good times.

Yes, the biker gigs were the ....most unusual. Years ago, the band I was in found a niche in the biker community around the south east. We were actually the "house band" for the local biker club. Once we were doing this gig, I think it was Mississippi, way out in the middle of nowhere, I'll bet there must have been a thousand people there, maybe two thousand. The stage was probably 5 foot high and had two wings on either side that went out towards the crowd. The ends of the wings were supported by 4x4 post that continued at least another six foot above the stage and there was a piece of board that spanned between them. I look up, right in the middle of "Whipping Post", and see this naked chick swinging on the board like some kind of gymnast. Of course I can't help but notice that the board is lifting up on one side each time she swings out over the audience and I'm thinking shes fixing fly of the end of the thing and die or get seriously injured. I tried to get the attention of some folks but she had finished by then. Yep, butt ass naked, legs flying everywhere, 12 foot of the ground, swingin' on a 2x4. But that was nothing compared to the "breezy ride".....

Back
Top Bottom