Any FC release time info ?

I'm surprised that the AxeFx III offers more switching options (Scene, Channels, etc), but the footswitch offers less. I hope there is another one with at least 24 switches!

I think that's the point... It seems you can do more with less, according to the newly touted features.

Ever since the introduction of "scenes", I almost never use the 3rd row on my MFC.

Stomp box style is okay, but I find it much more powerful to be able to use a scene rather than individual block/effect. 1 click verses 2 or 3 seems to make more logical sense.

Now with "channels" added to the mix, it seems one preset with 8 scenes can really push the mileage even further. I'm all for economizing my interactions with the gear and be more focused on performance of my instrument (IMHO).

However, I can understand the physical aspect of letting go of what we feel is a standard. That applies to many things in our lives. Change can be awkward at times at first... then six months later you're like; "how did I ever do without this...?"

So, has anyone posted any official dimensions on either FC. The FC-6 looks like exactly what I've needed since I got my II, and I'm hoping they are small. Can't wait to get my hands on a couple of these, and obviously, a couple of III's as well.

Personally I really like the idea of the new foot controller. A layout for FX, for scenes, for amp channels, for the looper... Very exciting!

And if you still love your MFC then it looks like you can still control the Axe-FX III with it via MIDI. FAS Link seems to be out though.
I like it also. Thats kind of how the Liquid foot + series is. Instead of layouts, they were called pages. Pretty nifty actually.

If this has been answered so sorry!
Okay, on stage the axe3 is behind me, and the fc is in front of me...all good.
Can I tune the guitar at the foot controller?

I don't think we know yet if the new FC's will have a way of showing a tuner. I haven't seen anything posted that mentions this feature/function. But, I'm hopeful it will.....

On the rendering of the FC-12, FAS elected to show it with one button set to tuner. While this isn't a real pedal, I hope that's an indication it can display something at least similar to the MFC. I'm betting it will, no sense in losing functionality.

I don’t see why the new controllers wouldn’t have a tuner (apart from not making this function available on time when they are released, of course).

Also, it should be faster and much more usable than the one on the MFC.

I only wish it had a better display than what seems to be there. I’d say the display on the FC matters much more than the one on the III to me.

Could FAS reccomended which midi footswitch is the best to be able to operate the Axe FX III...... I will be selling my Axe II with its MFC as a package...So I will be needing a controller, which one is reccomended

Could FAS reccomended which midi footswitch is the best to be able to operate the Axe FX III...... I will be selling my Axe II with its MFC as a package...So I will be needing a controller, which one is reccomended

I don’t think there’s a controller right now that’s capable of proper two way communication with the III.

So can't use it live then until the 'proper' FC is released? That could be months away - this is not good.

Why, you can. You won’t have two way communication and visual feedback, tuner won’t work, but you can switch effects, presets and scenes nonetheless.

I used it tonight with an MC6 with no issues.
Was that on a gig, or at home?
Could you share your MC6 settings please....

Really enjoyed the video on the Axe III - looks much easier to use from the front panel......

Last edited:
Can we get an updated timeline and details on the FC now that the III's are shipping?

An FC update has nothing to do with what happens in manufacturing.

The fact is that when we have an update, you will see it here in the NEWS section, or on our web site. Asking again and again won't hurry it along or change the fact that we've decided not to release more information at this time. I'd Kindly ask you all to refrain from asking further as it only gets in the way of us trying to help those with concerns that can be addressed.

Back
Top Bottom