Any FC release time info ?

I contacted Mark Day and he said use the same waitlist email but put FC-6 or -12 in the subject line.
Not completely sure which one I want yet. The prices have not been announced? I think I want an FC-6, but if the FC-12 isn't that much more I might opt for the 12?

Last edited:
I'm curious: when daisy chaining controllers to have them act identically (e.g. backup or one on each end of the stage), can both have an expression pedal connected to control the same thing and how would they not get into each other's ways ?

Two questions...

Can you set it up so an expression pedal controls outboard gear?

Now that the programming for the pedals is done within the Axe-FX itself, will the FC's be accessible/programmable through Axe-Edit?

I am thrilled with a 6 button footswitch. Live I only use up/down presets and 4 scenes. We play too many songs in a night to mess with anything else without spending 4 hours starring down. I program 1 preset per song even if a lot are similar. The only thing I want is WIDER SPACING.

Love the MFC but I always step on the wrong button depending how tired I am or how many drinks I’ve had.

I am thrilled with a 6 button footswitch. Live I only use up/down presets and 4 scenes. We play too many songs in a night to mess with anything else without spending 4 hours starring down. I program 1 preset per song even if a lot are similar. The only thing I want is WIDER SPACING.

Love the MFC but I always step on the wrong button depending how tired I am or how many drinks I’ve had.
Those Barefoot Buttons really help with that.
https://barefootbuttons.com/

The FC series are like 12 foot controllers in one. The FC foot controllers feature 12 "layouts". Each layout has a unique, user-assignable set of switch functions. For example Layout 1 could have five preset switches, five scene switches and two switches assigned to bank up/down. Press and hold the bottom right switch and the then tap the switch above it and you enter Layout Select mode. Then tap a switch to select a new Layout. This new layout could have six channel switches and six bypass switches. Etc.

Something I mentioned LONG ago (see HERE) was a MFC-101 wish for a "reveal" function that would present a set of buttons (A Layout?) for a given processor... For example, Layout 1 would be for the AxeFX, Layout 2 Would be for a lighting rig, Layout 3 Would be for VoiceLive, etc... Will the 12 Layouts mentioned above work like this?

Something I mentioned LONG ago (see HERE) was a MFC-101 wish for a "reveal" function that would present a set of buttons (A Layout?) for a given processor... For example, Layout 1 would be for the AxeFX, Layout 2 Would be for a lighting rig, Layout 3 Would be for VoiceLive, etc... Will the 12 Layouts mentioned above work like this?

This would be EXTREMELY useful!

The way I interpret what's been said about it, switch assignments are flexible and even could vary from preset to preset. So in theory you could have layouts for different purposes.

What isn't clear is whether you can send any MIDI messages except when changing scenes or presets, in the present beta state of the firmware. If this ability isn't there, I guess you cannot assign switches to arbitrary commands to control anything outside Axe-FX itself. Or you can make assignments, but they won't do anything.

Again, in theory, the current approach is much more powerful than anything that could be done in the MFC. It all depends on what will be implemented and when.

Who knows what the design goal is. Judging by the wording in the official announcement, it’s pretty ambitious though. :)

Me, I’m more interested in minute details of implementation than in design goals. ;)

I'm also hoping the footswitches are spaced farther apart for the same reason. I like that they're only 2 rows too because with 3 rows, I always end up accidentally hitting a lower row with my heel. I've seen a lot of complaints about the FC's being too large. I'm guessing most of the complaints are from people with small feet, which we all know what that means, so they're just redirecting their anger :rolleyes:

This new method seems confusing to me. I hope once I see a video of how the new controller works that it will make sense.

I do hope we can have different layouts per preset and aren't limited to a total of 12 overall layouts.

Back
Top Bottom