In the Spirit of NAMM Anouncements (FAS reactive load box)

So far the OX sounds amazing. I own the Suhr RL, but it works good with some amps and not so good with other, this is regarding the feel of the amp.

The OX, to me, its worth every penny they ask for what it gives back.

Everywhere I look these aren't shipping yet, even UA's website says "Coming Winter". Did you get your hands on one? As of yet, all of the information, videos, and reviews are more product demo-ish type things conducted by UA. I'd like to get a third party, unbiased opinion!

Everywhere I look these aren't shipping yet, even UA's website says "Coming Winter". Did you get your hands on one? As of yet, all of the information, videos, and reviews are more product demo-ish type things conducted by UA. I'd like to get a third party, unbiased opinion!

I still have not ordered one, im waiting on Fractals product to compare.

This demo was posted recently, the official release date is this 25th, but the product has already been shipped to early adopters. No manual or apps on the website until the official release date.

This demo was posted recently, the official release date is this 25th, but the product has already been shipped to early adopters. No manual or apps on the website until the official release date.

Nice to see a demo that's from someone other than a UA employee. Still, I'm most interested in more of an A/B review that compares how accurately the main function of the ox--the load box--performs, where they have the amp plugged into a cab and then just the load box back to back. Then, hopefully when it's out someone will do a shootout style video comparing the accuracy of the ox vs. suhr (and hopefully the Fractal is out by then as well). I have almost zero doubt that it sounds better than the torpedo stuff simply from a components stance though.

And a new contender enters the ring! But its not a reactive load apparently, just a line level output from your amp/speaker connection.

26907281_1558645084232437_8503527083525199885_n.jpg

Did anybody try the UAD OX box at NAMM? Would love to hear your thoughts on speaker/cab modeling vs impulse responses

I hope we'll find it soon at G66!

I met a collector of old amps, which seems to have beautiful pieces!

i want try this box to capture IRs!

Last edited:
I was going to pull the trigger on the suhr but I’ll wait a week to see what cliff has coming out. Would rather stick with fractal products. Has the price been realsed yet?

I was going to pull the trigger on the suhr but I’ll wait a week to see what cliff has coming out. Would rather stick with fractal products. Has the price been realsed yet?

No, but it will be the same as the Suhr -- $400.
Maybe less if Cliff wants to compete on price.
I think $400 is kind of expensive for a load.

And a new contender enters the ring! But its not a reactive load apparently, just a line level output from your amp/speaker connection.

26907281_1558645084232437_8503527083525199885_n.jpg

If thats the same circuit that is built into the Friedman Runt, it's good, but does not compare to a reactive load and IR.

I had a Runt and a Suhr Reactive load and the difference going through there speaker emulated out vs going into the reactive load then into an IR was huge!

Pretty sure that will be the same circuit. Usable, but my guess is not direct competition for a reactive load

Who told you that?

Nobody -- it's a prediction.
I should have phrased it differently:
"I'll bet you money that it will be the same price as the Suhr."
Because Suhr has established that the price for a quality load is $400.

But maybe Fractal wants to compete on price.
Guitarists are pathetically price-sensitive.
I say "pathetically" because guitarists will often trade $50 for happiness.
That is, they'll buy a $350 product instead of a $400 product when the $400 product will make them happy, but the $350 product won't.

Back
Top Bottom