FC ready to ship with Axe III?

NY Guitarist

Power User
I didn't see any info on Fractals page so I wonder if a Fractal team member could let us know if the new the FCs be ready to ship when Axe-FX III does?

A request. please have something setup so the guys that buy the Axe3 don't have to weather through a second wait list. Maybe we can be automatically added to the FC wait list?

I requested something similar in another thread. Very much a +1 to this.

A request. please have something setup so the guys that buy the Axe3 don't have to weather through a second wait list. Maybe we can be automatically added to the FC wait list?

@FractalAudio

Better yet, just use the same wait list, in the same order, to offer the FCs to those who have purchased the III. Since the FCs cannot be used as midi controllers, there’s no reason for anyone to get one if they don’t have the AxeIII.

Last edited:
The FCs are not a midi based. Some of the other threads discuss it. No midi jacks from what I understand. Configuration settings (button assignments) are not stored in the FCs. The settings are stored in the presets of the AxeIII and the FCs receive their configuration from the preset. At least that’s my understanding without going through the other threads.

That doesn’t mean it can’t control other things - at least to my knowledge. It would have to be configured on the III. Maybe the III will have a midi block? I know this stuff has been discussed in other threads.

Just going from what I have read. I’m sure someone will correct me if I have it wrong!

So FC's cannot control other MIDI gear in your rig?

Now that’s a great question I’m dying to find an answer for.

By themselves they can’t control other gear.

They can controls things in the III so the III sends messages that controls other gear.

What kind of messages it can or cannot send and when is the unknown part. Seems like it cans send CCs and PCs when you change scenes and presets. Whether that’s all or not nobody has told so far.

I haven’t owned the FX8 for a while so the functionality could have been updated. IIRC, it was limited to basically one midi command, such as a PC command. I’d have to take a look at the FX8 manual to be sure.

I haven’t owned the FX8 for a while so the functionality could have been updated. IIRC, it was limited to basically one midi command, such as a PC command. I’d have to take a look at the FX8 manual to be sure.

No need to bother to look that up. That may or may not be an indication of the III’s capabilities. Could be completely different. Who knows.

Back
Top Bottom