What would you be willing to pay for a VST version of AXE FX?

What would you be willing to pay for a VST version of AXE FX?

• Less than $100

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • $100-$199

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • $200-$299

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • $300-$399

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • $400-$499

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • $500-$599

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • $600-$699

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $700-$799

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than $799

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

firepile

Now that Helix Native has been released, what would you be willing to pay for a VST (plugin) version of AXE FX?

(Helix Native costs $399).

Last edited:
Helix hardware owners do get a discount - if you own the full version you get Native for $99, or $299 if you have the Helix LT.

I still think the $399 price tag is fair regardless for either Helix Native or a theoretical Fractal Plugin - it's a hell of a lot of gear for the price.

I'd definitely be interested in buying a Fractal Plugin, and would also keep my hardware for live use. $399 seems fair to me, though I'd happily pay less if there would be discounts for verified hardware owners.

As an axefx owner I'd give up to €250 just to leave the hardware in the van... If I didn't own fractalhardware hardware I might be prepare to spend more...

Seriously? You have to pay $200 more because you decided to buy the LT instead of the full Helix?

---

+1 for no iLok. And I'd also want a demo to verify it works seamlessly in Reason (so VST 2.4). But something in that price range would be about right. Although for most of my needs recording from the Axe hardware into my DAW is more than adequate.

Vast great....really nice way of working but unless you have the AXE FX you lose out on the latency benefits and I seriously doubt you would be able to run more than a couple of VST instances at the same time?
It's the ideal way to tweak though. Personally I'd settle for an Axe fx that allowed multiple outputs so you could record a stereo signal, the dry track and maybe sometching like just the amp all at the same time.

VST was invented by Steinberg for Cubase. It's their plugin format.
Pro tools uses AAX I think? People always say VST instead of plugin.

.....gotta tell ya, Native ain't too bad for a 1.0 release....better than any other guitar plugin Ive tried in my short time with it so far..but for sure it won't replace my FAS gear.

Now that Helix Native has been released, what would you be willing to pay for a VST (plugin) version of AXE FX?

(Helix Native costs $399).

In the interest of accuracy you need to add another data point:

-Not interested in buying a VST version of Axe FX

It could be helpful to see how many (if any) members are not even interested in a VST, assuming they would show up at this discussion in the first place.

They could easily sell it for $800+ and plenty of people would bite. Would be a more limited market than helix obviously at that price, but fractal's main market is already pros/semi pros/serious hobbyists. Personally I've spent much more than that on VSTs in the past. CPU usage would be the deciding factor purchase for me. If it were practical CPU-wise it would be an amazing tool to have. Otherwise it would just be annoying and I'd go back to hardware.

I would like the best modeling avaliable. Thats why I got the AX8. Preferably I'd want it as a plugin. To use it live is a bonus. I haven't tried the helix, but based on lots of comparisons I read it's quite good...better than a lot of the other amp plugins out there (I have tried a bunch), although not as great as fractal. Still it exites me that they have released a plugin of it, with a 15 day trial so I can hear if it's worth it. If Fractal made one, I'd jump on it in a second

I'd bet they could get up towards 800-1k for it. I do think a discount to those who have bought the AX8 and XL would make a lot of sense though. None of us are going to spend 800 if we already own a unit but I bet we'd spend 100 in a heartbeat or a couple hundred with a little thinking :)

I think an unrestricted 15 day demo (a la Helix Native) at a competitive price point could do a lot to align consumer focus on the Axe FX, though I also think it might serve to undercut the boutique perception associated with it. I'd love to have the plugin specifically for re-amping, though.

Seriously? You have to pay $200 more because you decided to buy the LT instead of the full Helix?
Yeah .... that caught my attention too. So in the hardware end of things, why isn't the Helix LT a third of the price of the Helix? :)

If they would throw in a couple of decent bass amp models I'd get one for my occasional home recording sessions. Still I wouldn't want to pay more than 100.

It's difficult to put a price on code. At my old job, we used a program called EasyPower. It was around $10,000 and came on four floppy disks (yes, 1.4 MB floppy disks). And it had bugs at the time, so you couldn't trust the result. Makes a VST plugin seem cheap at any price.

Back
Top Bottom