Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.02 Firmware Release

The frequency and quality of the updates we get are, I think, unprecedented in the musical equipment world.
In contrast to FAS most relevant competitors, Helix and Kemper, who have certainly made improvements since their inceptions , but the evolution there seems glacial compared to FAS . In the time since Line6 announced their latest FW (at NAMM) , which has beenstill postponed up to this moment, we have gotten several highly significant updates, which have pushed FAS yet again to new greatness. Lucky us.

Thank you very much Cliff. The way you listen to your "customers" :) never ceases to amaze me. Brilliant product and brilliant company (and tbh I'm not directly concerned by the hybrid system problems). Don't want to be "too much" but we are really lucky...

real speaker? what? it's right there in the release notes - the Amp block simulation uses the speaker resonance information in the calculations whereas the Cabinet block uses fixed values.

the speaker resonance information from the speaker page in the amp block
Hmm guess I read that to say it somehow was reliant on a speaker load.... this is what happens when you only have half a cup of coffee in ya!;)

I've started using the Optical Comp after the Cab and the volume of the presets drops about 6 or more dB. Do I correct the volume with the "Level" in the Comp block or should I increase the Level in the Amp block, which means I run Level than on about "0" ?

My settings in the Optical Comp ist about 2.35 for comp - verything else I leave on default at the moment.

I've started using the Optical Comp after the Cab and the volume of the presets drops about 6 or more dB. Do I correct the volume with the "Level" in the Comp block or should I increase the Level in the Amp block, which means I run Level than on about "0" ?

My settings in the Optinal Comp ist about 2.35 for comp - verything else I leave on default at the moment.

Use the Level knob in the Comp block.

My settings in the Optical Comp ist about 2.35 for comp - verything else I leave on default at the moment.
Is it set to line instead of instrument?

You know waking up to new updates like this really makes it difficult to not call in sick to work. I think HR took away sick time because they noticed the correlation between Axe-Fx II firmware updates and employees calling in. :cool:

Hi, I tried to find the motor drive button on the amp block but cant find it, I can locate it in the cab block, but not in the amp block, any HELP?

Weird behavior with optical comp inline mode after the amp, with Cliff settings in its preset example:
- in 7.02b: it boost the sound in a nice way
- in 7.02: a weaker sounds than without it....

...?

I cant find the PWR DYN page on the Axe edit, do you think that the FW update for the Axe fx II, is the same as previous beta one?, I cant seem to find the changes indicated, I have installed twice the FQ update now.

I cant find the PWR DYN page on the Axe edit, do you think that the FW update for the Axe fx II, is the same as previous beta one?, I cant seem to find the changes indicated, I have installed twice the FQ update now.
It's not in Axe Edit yet until they update it to add it.

Weird behavior with optical comp inline mode after the amp, with Cliff settings in its preset example:
- in 7.02b: it boost the sound in a nice way
- in 7.02: a weaker sounds than without it....

...?
You just have to increase the Level in the Comp block as Cliff said in post #66

Back
Top Bottom