Owners Manual

TJ Morgan

Hey there Fractal Folk

Is there anyway to get a hard copy of the FX II plus owners manual or am I stuck with the PDF?

TJ

Only way I've known to get the hard copy is to buy a new unit from Fractal, but I'm not 100% certain. If they don't have any extras available at Fractal, perhaps either print the pdf and put it in a binder, or take it to an office supply store and let them print it in "book" form. Good luck.

They only send a printed Quick Start Guide anymore. My original MKI had a printed manual but the XL only had the quick start guide.

I bought my FX II + this summer and it only came with the quick guide. I was hoping they just sold the hard copy somewhere.

You can print it from the PDF. FedEx Office (used to be Kinko's) can print and spiral bind it for under $30. I would wait for an updated version to be posted though. The current manual is quite outdated (FW version 15). Still plenty of good usable info, but a lot of new changes are missing.

Ah, sorry guys. I got the real deal with both my Ultra and then my AxeFX II Mark I, so thought the pattern continued. I, too, would certainly wait for a more current pdf, if spending some $$, (unless you happened to stop updating at or around FW15 for some reason ;)).

I didn't get one when I made my purchase in Fall of 2015. However, I read the PDF before I bought the AXELL. I also watched a lot of videos online and the wiki. Then, I started reading the forum. I also started with the front panel editor for about 3-4 months prior to axe-edit, so I'm comfortable with either. YMMV. Enjoy learning - it's pretty cool. :)

We don't have hard copies of the full manual anymore.

PS: A new AX8 manual was posted today and a new Axe=Fx II manual should be up some time soon. I'm converting it from Word to InDesign, which is a chore but makes things better in the long run.

PS: A new AX8 manual was posted today and a new Axe=Fx II manual should be up some time soon. I'm converting it from Word to InDesign, which is a chore but makes things better in the long run.

Yuck. That brings back some bad memories. In an previous job years ago I had to convert a ton of legal forms and documents from an ancient legacy system to "modern" documents using word and excel. There was no easy way to do it other than bulk plain text dumps and manually reformatting everything. I was ready to gouge my own eyes out by the time I finished that mess. Changing formats sucks.

Yuck. That brings back some bad memories. In an previous job years ago I had to convert a ton of legal forms and documents from an ancient legacy system to "modern" documents using word and excel. There was no easy way to do it other than bulk plain text dumps and manually reformatting everything. I was ready to gouge my own eyes out by the time I finished that mess. Changing formats sucks.

Sounds like the voice of experience. Been there, done that, bought the shirt.

@mr_fender I did the same (Word/Excel), and when we interfaced with other agencies, more work as they were using WordPerfect. Lots of hair pulling for sure! The good ole days. lol

Looking forward to it Matt. I know soon can mean many things. Would you say within two months?

... and a new Axe=Fx II manual should be up some time soon. I'm converting it from Word to InDesign, which is a chore but makes things better in the long run.

Thank you!

I'm curious - why InDesign? Admittedly, I've been out of working with high-end technical publishing systems for a while (stuck with Word, which is what our customers require :eek:), but Adobe FrameMaker would have been considered the tool of choice, and is still maintained by Adobe, from what I can see.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom