AX8 V7.00 Released

Sooooo... then all the amp Library Blocks users have saved over the years should all be tossed?

I suspect it would be easier (and cleaner) to just start from scratch then to carry over older amp blocks, especially if they differ more then one firmware release. Even after a reselect of the amp block the settings that don't change (Drive, Master, B/M/T, etc.) may not work with the new changes in the underlying algorithms, etc. and you might have to tweak majorly anyway, so...

I only keep the latest version of firmware amp blocks in my Library; I've never saw the value of retaining old ones, but YMMV...

If CMD+I is resetting hidden (non-user-exposed) parameters, and the block library is ignoring those same parameters, then it is news to me but would explain your results.
That would make the most sense, which is why it would seem like a desirable way to migrate presets with lots of deep edits. Hell, just the amp GEQ alone is a pain to [re]set up every time -- I tend to use small tweaks to the 8-band EQ a lot.

Perhaps someone from FAS can pipe in tomorrow...

I updated, and I have started going through all my presets resetting the amp block and checking the cab block for surprises (F146 was my most used factory cab).

It takes FOREVER ...

... Mostly because every single preset sounds sooo damn good that I get caught up playing rather than just move on to the next preset.

Had an incredibly busy weekend (date night with the wife, bought and installed a new dishwasher, kid duty with an angry toddler, hockey games) but was able to install 7.00 over the weekend. I'm lucky that I have no deadlines to dial in new patches because I couldn't move off the Friedman BE / Shiva Clean patch I dialed in for modern stuff.

I didn't play with a ton of different clean amps, but they seemed normal to me. You have to turn down the non master volume amps like Fenders to about 2 to keep them clean with humbuckers anyway.

Reduce input gain or input trim will fix it every time. Some amps may require MV/level balance adjustments.

Ok I understand. But is it normal that this happened only after upgrading?
I mean nothing changed on guitarside or inputlevel.
Even picking an new amp with default settings like a twin reverb is already a bit distortes

Ok I understand. But is it normal that this happened only after upgrading?
I mean nothing changed on guitarside or inputlevel.
Even picking an new amp with default settings like a twin reverb is already a bit distortes

The Twin isn't all that clean with Input Drive at 5 (which is the default), especially if you have hot pickups.

New user here - I've done the update and it mostly seems fine except I now randomly get a little outlined text block on some of my presets that sits "over" the Footswitch names on the "FS" page on the AX8 display after I load a preset. It appears after you see the preset name in big letters when the screen reverts to the footswitch view. I've seen one that says Scene 1 and another that says Comp/Dymc (cant recall if that last one is 100% correct - it's definately Comp/ D.....but it's random and I can't get it to display consistently.
It doesn't do it all the time but it's annoying when it does as it obscures the names of the pedal switches on-screen.

Any ideas or is this a bug?

New user here - I've done the update and it mostly seems fine except I now randomly get a little outlined text block on some of my presets that sits "over" the Footswitch names on the "FS" page on the AX8 display after I load a preset. It appears after you see the preset name in big letters when the screen reverts to the footswitch view. I've seen one that says Scene 1 and another that says Comp/Dymc (cant recall if that last one is 100% correct - it's definately Comp/ D.....but it's random and I can't get it to display consistently.
It doesn't do it all the time but it's annoying when it does as it obscures the names of the pedal switches on-screen.

Any ideas or is this a bug?

Hmm... not sure I've seen that myself. If you didn't see it before the update (I know you're new, but I don't know how new!) then it might be worthwhile re-installing the update and see if that fixes it. If it persists, and if no one else can steer you better, FAS has a great support section. Just contact them.

The Twin isn't all that clean with Input Drive at 5 (which is the default), especially if you have hot pickups.
Man, now you tell me you're right.
I have set the input a lot lower months ago when I choosed that one, forgot that.
Seems that with my hot pickups all the amps easily break up
In a good way that is, it was very pleasant to my ears.
Back to AX8 edit and refine my patches.
So I thought this all was a FW problem which turns out to be not.
Move on! :)

Thanks

I'm experiencing the distortion sounds as well. I'll try the fix above.

Didn't seem to fix my issue. My amps sounds dirty when the compressor is off but magically cleans up when the compressor is on.

Update: False alarm. I was being a moron and double-clicking the Mixer Level which sets it to -12dB and then mistakenly cranking the Master Volume to compensate. haha :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom