Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 4.01 Public Beta

I think Cliff had mentioned that it was corrected in this new version...back somewhere in the beginning of the thread.

Another thing to consider, usually the only way to get software support of this caliber is with a paid subscription. For example autocad, I pay a monthly subscription and new features are typically added only once a year. Actually the support is not nearly as good! I'm not sure how fractal manages to employ a full team of developers off hardware sales alone. Y'all have been getting a free ride and while most appreciate this, the entitled brats need to accept reality.

Yes, but it's in the thousands. However we are approaching the firmware size limit for the Mark I/II version. This may be the last firmware for the Mark I/II because there isn't anymore space left in the boot ROM.
After an initial shock effect!, as we have been spoiled all this time...., I will also join those who are thankful to Cliff and FAS Staff for all the upgrades we've been given for free! I love the tones on my Axe FX II!! When my time comes to be able to upgrade to an XL+, I will most likely do so! So thanks again!!!! Lol, Flav!

I haven't gotten to the Rectos yet, but the Legato is awesome, I added some Treble and Master Volume and it sounds really nice. I had never heard of the HOOK amplifiers, but this one is so AC/DC it's killer!

Yes, but it's in the thousands. However we are approaching the firmware size limit for the Mark I/II version. This may be the last firmware for the Mark I/II because there isn't anymore space left in the boot ROM.

I am beyond grateful for the free improvements, upgrades etc that have been provided since I got my AF2 at FW 3.04 (or something like that). There are some amps that I'd still like to see but honestly I am sure that we have all we need to approximate the others fairly well. I think I am just a little blue because I may miss out on effects updates and the like. I always hoped we'd get a way to simulate putting fx in fx loop of our amp Sims etc...

Today I have to accept I'll never get my DS-1, OCD, MXR Flanger or Electric Mistress... I'm pretty sure if I knew those effects well and was better at tweaking I could get that in the AF2 as well.

On the other hand... I have so much more than I started with and my unit sounds killer, far better than anything else on the market that I'm aware of. Thank you Cliff and FAS for your generosity, integrity and commitment to quality I will continue to love my favorite piece of gear I've ever owned!

Well, I loaded 4.01...and built a few new patches with Recto Modern Red. I just say they sound much better right out of the box than the previous F/W ddi with them. Also, they are now a lot closer out of the box to the real amp, and require less tweaking!

The HOOK is absolutely stunning.

It's a shame that it's getting buried by the boot ROM "conspiracy."

Add up the cost of just 5 amps & cabs.. pick any 5, then add a few pedals on that.. and then come back and bitch about anything at all. Good lord really?

I agree completely. If everything came to a screeching halt after the upcoming firmware is released, I would be incredibly happy with what we have been given.

Always a select few who still feel entitled regardless of a hardware limitation. We have been spoiled constantly with updates.

I never really touched the recto models before. Dabbled here and there previously. But now i found myself making a brand new preset with the Recto2 Red Modern and jamming on Ice 9 for about an hour haha. Such a great rhythm tone.

So far only two people want the ring modulator. Going once...

:)
...GONE! :D

And while were nominating things for removal, I say replace the Powerball amp model. It's the worst model in and outside of the Axe. Fizzy, unintelligible mids and straight up flubby bass response.

Can you tell that I hate it? :p

I would understand if the complete architecure has changed but too less memory is no acceptable reason in my view. Let new amps away for example but give us the improvements of the modelling.
Sorry, but that is equivalent to being pissed at Intel because your x486 wont run Windows 10.

Back
Top Bottom