AX8 V3.52 Release

I can - Even if they release 4.0 tonight (Fractal Firmware Friday anyone?), I will still be gigging with 3.52 tomorrow and loving it

There's no denying that the Q4 hype is strong with the AFX2 guys, of course I look forward to hearing what all the fuzz is about :)

I updated my Axe FxII to 4 when it came out. I played a little and went back to my Ax8. I didn't notice anything different but I didn't compare it with the the old firmware. It's funny how things change .

If I'm not mistaken, the option to select the modeling version within each preset was added in FW 4 for the AxeFX. It would not be in the AX8 prior to the release of the new FW.

I would have thought it would be fairly easy, but obviously the AX8 is different enough that it not portable from the Axe FX2.

They talk about every update as if its the greatest thing ever...

We have no idea what other goodies that they might be including in the next AX8 FW update. If the past updates are any indication, it's rarely just the modeling update. Cliff mentioned the possibility of adding global block functionality for the amp block to the AX8. Who knows what else they may be working on based on user input! So, it very well may not be as simple as porting the amp-block/modeling code. There could be a few other things going in as well.

Back
Top Bottom