FracTool - for power users only

So you don't get asked a 51st time and as I suggested in one of my previous replies to you, Can you please update the first post in this thread and put right under the download links that some virus protection programs are falsely detecting FracTool as a Trojan virus and to resolve the issue, users will need to add the FracTool.exe file or folder it's in to their Virus Protection's exception list. Also, if for some reason users rename the file or folder, they will have to add the renamed file or folder into their exception list again.

I recommend users create a folder and put FracTool.exe into it and add the folder to their Virus Protection's exception list, so then anything they put into the folder won't cause any issues.
I will ;)

But i doubt it will be enough...

FOR THE 50TH TIME, THERE IS NO VIRUS. USE A DECENT ANTIVIRUS OR ASSUME AND DON'T BOTHER ME WITH FALSE POSITIVES
Not to start a pissing match, but rather constructive advice:
I contacted you with this privately and you blew me off with the standard short not my problem response. You stated "It has no virus, wd is crap" and "It's a false positive, wd is CRAP". So basically you told me Windows Defender is crap. Now you're saying AVG is crap?

After the chat, I downloaded FracTool.exe again, created an exception for WD, ran it, (Nice program). I then started noticing my dedicated laptop for the AXE started going online on it's own while in screen saver mode.

As a result of this and after seeing others having the same issue, I decided to investigate further. My background is computer, electronics, and network installation, service and repair. I have access to pretty much any form of virus detection you can mention. So I set up a test Windows PC, using Windows 10 Pro. It already failed with Defender, so I disabled it. I installed AVG <-Trojan: Win32/Spallowz.A!cl in FracTool was immediately detected and EXE file removed. Uninstalled AVG and installed McAffee with same results. Next Kaspersky, Trend Micro, Norton, Avast, the list goes on, all detect Trojan: Win32/Spallowz.A!cl in FracTool.exe file. There is something in your EXE file causing this trigger. It could be you are infected, or a module being used is infected, or possibly a false positive, as you stated.
So, with this said, instead of becoming extremely defensive, why not try to figure out why FracTool.EXE triggers all these virus detection programs?

FOR THE 50TH TIME, THERE IS NO VIRUS. USE A DECENT ANTIVIRUS OR ASSUME AND DON'T BOTHER ME WITH FALSE POSITIVES

Sorry I got unlucky and replied on a fresh page, didn't see the notice, I agree with GMB putting a notice in.
Saying that I downloaded a previous version and had no triggers etc.....is this just because of the linkup to axe-change?
Is it possible to make an offline version that may clear this up? :S

Tommy I had the same trigger in AVG that you said......AVG has been pretty good to me at least over the years.

Thanks for the hard work otherwise!

And yeah, I'm on an iMac, so there were zero issues ... and an easy and intuitive interface!

Holy Crap, Thank you! Gonna have to see what is in the coffers to throw a little donation your way!

Sorry I got unlucky and replied on a fresh page, didn't see the notice, I agree with GMB putting a notice in.
Saying that I downloaded a previous version and had no triggers etc.....is this just because of the linkup to axe-change?
Is it possible to make an offline version that may clear this up? :S

Tommy I had the same trigger in AVG that you said......AVG has been pretty good to me at least over the years.

Thanks for the hard work otherwise!
https://www.virustotal.com/fr/file/...de4176203cc535f367de7603/analysis/1462998244/

Avg -=> trashcan

Hi Al;

Your tool is getting better and better!
For a longer time I had on my todo list to ask you, if you can implement the CabList tool ;-)
And what did I see last afternoon? ;-)))))
Thanx a lot!

Here are two things, who don't work properly.
My system is as follows:
Mac OS X 10.9.5
FracTool 2.10
AxeFx firmware Q 3.02
AxeFx II MKII

1) If I start the AxeChange or the AxeChange Cabs function and I am offline, the app crashes.

2) This is a bug for a longer time (even in AxeFxSend).
The situation is, that I have a preset with Cab1 and Cab2. Cab1_X and Cab2_X have the same
cab (and even the same cab number from the user cab-list).
Then I choose CabList and Refresh (AxeFx is connected etc.) in your app.
Everything is working well.
But when it comes to an end and I take a look on the cab list, the program did only recognize the Cab1 X and Y cabs.
The cabs from Cab2, X and Y, are not shown.

The default cab is the Tyler Grund JBL E130 SM57 C.
But tested it also with factory cab 60. Same result.

Kindly regards from germany!
Mike

Hi Al;

Your tool is getting better and better!
For a longer time I had on my todo list to ask you, if you can implement the CabList tool ;-)
And what did I see last afternoon? ;-)))))
Thanx a lot!

Here are two things, who don't work properly.
My system is as follows:
Mac OS X 10.9.5
FracTool 2.10
AxeFx firmware Q 3.02
AxeFx II MKII

1) If I start the AxeChange or the AxeChange Cabs function and I am offline, the app crashes.

2) This is a bug for a longer time (even in AxeFxSend).
The situation is, that I have a preset with Cab1 and Cab2. Cab1_X and Cab2_X have the same
cab (and even the same cab number from the user cab-list).
Then I choose CabList and Refresh (AxeFx is connected etc.) in your app.
Everything is working well.
But when it comes to an end and I take a look on the cab list, the program did only recognize the Cab1 X and Y cabs.
The cabs from Cab2, X and Y, are not shown.

The default cab is the Tyler Grund JBL E130 SM57 C.
But tested it also with factory cab 60. Same result.

Kindly regards from germany!
Mike
Thanks Mike :)
Bug 1 is fixed in upcoming version.
I couldn't reproduce bug 2, on my windows setup Cab 2 X/Y are polled correctly.

Since upgrading my PC from Windows 8 to Windows 10 I've had no issues at all. I use BitDefender and it was grumbling about a virus on the Windows 8 install.

Absolutely NO virus at all. The issue is at the USER END - simple as that!

another bug, with a preset imported from AX8 to Axe-Fx II XL+. In the original AX8 preset, Scene 1 was controlling the amp input trim and gain. In the imported one, the controllers were changed to A and B

Ah. There's the problem. I was dropping banks.
Any possibility to add a "view preset" button to the preset list shown when you drop a bank on the hard drive icon? Even better would be a preset view window that stays open, changing as you click on each preset. :)
Added a context menu to show a preset's layout

another bug, with a preset imported from AX8 to Axe-Fx II XL+. In the original AX8 preset, Scene 1 was controlling the amp input trim and gain. In the imported one, the controllers were changed to A and B
Yes that's something i can only debug with an AX8

Back
Top Bottom