Show Us Your FX8 Rig!

"To rewire pedalboard or to use just the fx8" that's the question.... ;)View attachment 29352
Yes, that is the question. I'm trying to answer too. Until (or if) I learn to master the drive block, I'm keeping my analog drive pedals just like you. I love them too much, and I'm not sure the FX is going to get close enough. That said, the FX has cool drives of its own. The bitcrusher is soooo much fun!

It really is a great amp. This amp is made for sitting well in the mix with a full band. All sorts of great tone you will find..

Yes very true. However I've plugged my tube meister back in and eq'd against the mark v and I'm getting some seriously great tones out of it.

Yes very true. However I've plugged my tube meister back in and eq'd against the mark v and I'm getting some seriously great tones out of it.

Yep, likewise with my Grandmeister 36.

I'm finding that I spend much more time playing than tweaking now!

Yep, likewise with my Grandmeister 36.

I'm finding that I spend much more time playing than tweaking now!

That's exactly how I feel. I had a go with a Helix yesterday and it brought back all the memories of the eternal tweaking I had with my old HD500.

Glad those days are long behind me now

simple but effective :)

image_zpsczhb1hpg.jpeg

Here's my modest but effective rig. I also have a Marshall TSL 100 half stack that I rarely use now.
2016-01-30 13.24.35 LR.jpg

Had my FX8 for a few weeks now. I'm loving it - so much so that I've been selling my pedals. However, it's my first Fractal product so the people on this forum have been invaluable in setting me on the right path. I've still got a long way to go, but I'm sure I'll get there. Hopefully I'll be in a position soon to repay the kindness and share some nuggets!

Here's my modest but effective rig. I also have a Marshall TSL 100 half stack that I rarely use now.
View attachment 29910

Had my FX8 for a few weeks now. I'm loving it - so much so that I've been selling my pedals. However, it's my first Fractal product so the people on this forum have been invaluable in setting me on the right path. I've still got a long way to go, but I'm sure I'll get there. Hopefully I'll be in a position soon to repay the kindness and share some nuggets!

What do you think of that Victory amp?

I like it a lot. I was after a grab 'n' go combo and went with a bunch of guitarist friends to Andertons to audition a few. Tried the Mesa 5:25+ and Rectoverb 25 and then the Victory. The decision was unanimous. Nice cleans and some Martin Kidd magic in the drive channel. I play in two bands - one classic rock and one blues / blues rock - and it easily meets all my needs. Had lots of compliments at gigs on the sound. Takes pedals well and seems to partner really well with the FX8. Mine is the combo version of the dual-channel V30. If you're after a more traditional sound, the V40 is excellent. By the way @TRTTRTTRT - thanks for your videos - they're super helpful. I downloaded your presets as well and have been playing with them this afternoon - awesome - don't know where I could use them yet - but a fantastic demo of the capabilities of this thing :)

I like it a lot. I was after a grab 'n' go combo and went with a bunch of guitarist friends to Andertons to audition a few. Tried the Mesa 5:25+ and Rectoverb 25 and then the Victory. The decision was unanimous. Nice cleans and some Martin Kidd magic in the drive channel. I play in two bands - one classic rock and one blues / blues rock - and it easily meets all my needs. Had lots of compliments at gigs on the sound. Takes pedals well and seems to partner really well with the FX8. Mine is the combo version of the dual-channel V30. If you're after a more traditional sound, the V40 is excellent. By the way @TRTTRTTRT - thanks for your videos - they're super helpful. I downloaded your presets as well and have been playing with them this afternoon - awesome - don't know where I could use them yet - but a fantastic demo of the capabilities of this thing :)

ahh thanks :)

I have a few amps I love, but I gotta say those Victory amps seem like a bit of a steal! Thanks a lot for your mini review!

Oh and a lot of those presets (I don't know what you downloaded) are for specific songs with my projects so I'd assume they'd be hard to map onto another band wholesale, but... if you find blocks you like within them it's trivial to save them and use them for your own stuff :)

The presets sound great and I really enjoyed playing with them, but what I really want to do is dig into them to see how you've put them together so I can learn and improve/add to my own presets.

Yes - Victory have made a good name for themselves and have released a bunch of new amps recently, including a couple of plexi-types with stackable channels at NAMM.

The presets sound great and I really enjoyed playing with them, but what I really want to do is dig into them to see how you've put them together so I can learn and improve/add to my own presets.

Yes - Victory have made a good name for themselves and have released a bunch of new amps recently, including a couple of plexi-types with stackable channels at NAMM.

Absolutely. If there's one thing I always try and stress re presets is that people need to make themselves happy... :)

I didn't see those NAMM amps. Off to Google with me then. Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom