How many guitars do you own?

5381762-Guitar_Wall_EMP-0.jpg

I have 3 electrics, a bass and acoustic:
Warmoth Strat Vintage White + Maple neck HSS
Gibson Les Paul 2007 (standard?) wine red
Warmoth Start Quilt Top red dye, ebony neck HH + FR
Fender P-bass
Taylor 314ce (amazing bang for $ for american made acoustic)

In the basement there are two out of order, one partscaster (not worth touching), and a semihollow which I'll get to work on one day and upgrade hardware & electronics.

With all the guitars I've had, I found that the strat shape really works well with me, with a JB humbucker in bridge, and anything in neck, also any tremolo can be top mount, don't need full float. The gibson is really nice, but the Warmoth costs about 1/2 price and I'm not afraid to drop it or break anything as parts can be easily replaced!

13 total, but only 6 get constant love. Honestly it can be kind of inconvenient to have too many guitars around because the up keep can be expensive. Changing strings only to find them weeks later rusted out. A Strat, a guitar with humbuckers, a decent acoustic, and a classical and your made in the shade. My thoughts at least.

Hmm, lets see, in no particular order:
  • PRS 408
  • PRS Custom 22
  • Les Paul Axcess
  • Les Paul Standard
  • Maton BB1200 (semi-hollow)
  • Suhr Pro S1
  • SG '61 Reissue
  • Maton Mini Acoustic
  • Martin DCX1E
  • Pignose PGG-200
Still GAS:ing primarily for more PRS's. I really like the look of their Black Gold bursts, and the Charcoal bursts. Looking at possibly replacing my Les Paul Standard with a PRS Single Cut. And I don't own a Tele. This thread makes me feel better though :)

Damn - I would love to try a PRS 408 - It looks to me like the ultimate/perfect guitar. Seems like anything is possible with that and an Axe. Unfortunately, PRS there is no 408s for sale anywhere near Copenhagen - not even one I could try :(

Anyhow, I own 11 guitars
PRS singlecut Satin
PRS custom 22 soapbar
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2005 Ltd Edition
Gibson Midtown Standard
Martin OM42
Fender vintage player strat (early mexican strat, supposedly designed by the custom shop and built by custom shop parts - one of the best strats, I ever tried)
Takamine (Korean) acoustic
Travelin Wilburys by Gretsch (very unique but not very good)
Aria bas
Crap Vester Strat copy
Crap nylon string acoustic.

I owned teles - not going there again - I acknowledge that great music has been made on teles - they just don't work for me.

Damn - I would love to try a PRS 408 - It looks to me like the ultimate/perfect guitar. Seems like anything is possible with that and an Axe. Unfortunately, PRS there is no 408s for sale anywhere near Copenhagen - not even one I could try :(

Anyhow, I own 11 guitars
PRS singlecut Satin
PRS custom 22 soapbar
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2005 Ltd Edition
Gibson Midtown Standard
Martin OM42
Fender vintage player strat (early mexican strat, supposedly designed by the custom shop and built by custom shop parts - one of the best strats, I ever tried)
Takamine (Korean) acoustic
Travelin Wilburys by Gretsch (very unique but not very good)
Aria bas
Crap Vester Strat copy
Crap nylon string acoustic.

I owned teles - not going there again - I acknowledge that great music has been made on teles - they just don't work for me.

The 408 is a fantastic guitar, no question about it and I'd happily play a 4 hour gig in a cover band with no other guitar if I needed.

I've been thinking of getting a Tele but the fear is that I'll never use it :)

Like many of you I have more than I need but hate selling them.
ATM, I think I have about 20 but my wall only holds about 17. The acoustics live in a floor rack.
Highlight of my collection is a 1967 ES335TD that I bought brand new when I was 13. (Yeah I'm old! But I still love playing my guitars!) I don't take this one to gigs anymore - too valuable.
My main player is an Am Deluxe Strat . My Axe Fx I I has almost relieved my amp GAS. Now I just restore small combos. My current project is a Univox U45B.

I am being lazy and haven't read the whole thread but...

How many? Probably as many as I actually need but not as many as I actually want.

I have nine and a half...
- 4 electrics (Anderson, Suhr, Strat Ultra, fake chinese Les paul)
- 3 acoustics (Taylor 6-string, Taylor 12-string, Breedlove)
- 1 Spanish classical
- 1 kid-sized Squire Strat which I use for practice during travel
- ... and the 1/2 is a 1955 Gretsch Chet Atkins which I had taken apart for repair work, and my kids lost the neck in a tree-house project :(

Oh, and I have one of those miniatures that you set on a dresser... but it's way out of tune.

I honestly don't know how many I've got. Three I remember buying new, which isn't many for over 40 years of playing. Three I made myself. It's all the second hand ones that I lose track of

Back
Top Bottom