"VALUE" knob set to output volume

I would like to have a dedicated big knob for output volume... for when my preset output doesn't match the next/previous preset...
You already have a small dedicated knob for output volume. Two of them actually—one for each pair of outputs.

To be honest, you'd be better off spending a few minutes leveling your presets. Then you won't have to touch your volume knob at all.

You already have a small dedicated knob for output volume. Two of them actually—one for each pair of outputs.

To be honest, you'd be better off spending a few minutes leveling your presets. Then you won't have to touch your volume knob at all.

That's 300+ presets...

Anyway, without doing anything else, I twirled the little knobs.. all of them... none of them made a difference...

Why not use your eyes and turn the knob with the big label above it that says "OUTPUT LEVELS"....... wonder what those could do ?

I did ... thank you ... as I said, I tried all the little knobs...(and 900+ posts.. good for you)

Last edited:
Hey Chris... thanks for replying...

I have to select the "button 1" above the "QUICK CONTROL" to get it to control the INPUT TRIM to react... I just want a volume/level knob for any individual preset.

do you mean the button labeled "X"? i'm really confused as to what you are trying to do. why are you trying to change Input Trim? what are you doing when it doesn't "react"?

the closest you'll get for now to what you want is pressing the Utility button on the front panel, Page right to the Horizontal VU meters, and using the A and B Quick Control knobs to change the Amp Output Levels of the currently selected amps.

Amp Output Level is the best way to adjust preset volume relative to other presets.

do you mean the button labeled "X"? i'm really confused as to what you are trying to do. why are you trying to change Input Trim? .

thanks Chris... yes, the "X" button... when I press this and twirl the small knob immediately under it... "A", I end up "INPUT TRIM" -ing the preset... which of course I don't want to do... I just want to control the output level.

thanks Chris... yes, the "X" button... when I press this and twirl the small knob immediately under it... "A", I end up "INPUT TRIM" -ing the preset... which of course I don't want to do... I just want to control the output level.

why are you pressing the X button? that is set at default to take you into the Amp 1 edit screen. and then the "A" dial just happens to be on the Input Trim. if you were to move the cursor, the "A" dial would be controlling something else.

my previous post told the quickest way to control the Amp Output Level parameter. you can alternatively continue to press the X button to jump into Amp 1, then go to the PWR page and use the Nav buttons to select the Output Level parameter. then the Value wheel will change it.

using the Nav buttons and Value wheel as i just described is typical behavior for changing any parameter in the Axe-Fx.

There are two knobs, labeled "1" and "2" on the front panel, which say OUTPUT LEVEL. They are just to the left of the front panel instrument jack and headphone output. You can't miss them

They do just what you want (and just what they are labeled for) to control output level

That's 300+ presets...
Either you level them now and be done with it, or you turn the volume knob every time you pull up a preset for the rest of your life. :) If you're a gigging musician, you can't afford not to level your presets.

If you're using the new factory presets, they're already leveled. If you're not familiar with the Axe's VU meter, it's your best friend ever for preset leveling.

Anyway, without doing anything else, I twirled the little knobs.. all of them... none of them made a difference...
Then you haven't twirled The Output Level knobs. They go all the way from dead silent to screaming.

Either you level them now and be done with it, or you turn the volume knob every time you pull up a preset for the rest of your life. :) If you're a gigging musician, you can't afford not to level your presets.

If you're using the new factory presets, they're already leveled. If you're not familiar with the Axe's VU meter, it's your best friend ever for preset leveling.

On top of that, its unlikely that 1) anyone uses 300+ presets and 2) that all 300+ presets need leveling.

Just adjust a few which you use that are too hot, or vice-versa, bring up a few that are too quiet.

Then you haven't twirled The Output Level knobs. They go all the way from dead silent to screaming.

that may be the problem... when I turn down the A : Input Trim to 0, I still hear Fx

(OUTPUT LEVELS knobs do nothing)

Back
Top Bottom