"VALUE" knob set to output volume

Thank you... exactly what I needed.
we would have gotten there much sooner if we knew for certain from the beginning that you were connecting digitally, therefore losing the Output Level knobs on the front, as is typical with digital connections. :) not harping on you at all, just saying. it's hard to know what info people need to help solve a problem, but it's always safe to share how everything is connected and what firmware versions you're on. :)

...we would have gotten there much sooner if we knew for certain from the beginning that you were connecting digitally

I appreciate that but I honestly never considered there would be a night/day or on/off difference... this is a first for me! (I have been using DAWs for many years) and as I previously said, I had the Kemper (using SPDIF/toAES) for a few months (so apples and apples) and never had this issue. Anyway, all is good.

(Chris: Just as an aside, I spent a while looking for your video on Mission SP-1 into the II (without the MFC-101)... I saw this a few months ago but couldn't find it)

You'd be much better served with a pedal with a long travel like the Fractal EV1,, the mission pedals are great for things like wah and whammy, but they are basically a Crybaby wah style housing, so its very hard to have any fine control over things like output level. Its kind of all or none, where the EV1 has a huge travel range which lets you pretty easily make finer adjustment

I read on the forum that Cliff uses AES into his RME... Which is what I have also... I think I will try an Expression pedal assigned to a volume block.

That's what I have been doing since 2009. It works great! I use a Boss FV-500H.I like it because it's a really big pedal and definitely stays here I leave it. I am sure the Fractal one is great also!

I think you will really like it

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom