• Other

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • where we're going we don't need any sound

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Edrod

Power User
Hey guys,

This is just a curious question I've had. Obviously, the tone can be audibly affected by what we use to listen to our axe fx's.

I've only been able to hear my axe fx via my equator d5's

Monitors, then headphones (in Ears) directly from Device then Speaker cabinet Clr or Matrix amp into cab. In that order.

I'm probably wrong on this statement but I feel it can be harder to get the amp in the room sound with monitors

setup2.png

I use KRK-K-Rok monitors and then switch to ATM-MH30 headphones, to get two different views of the sound.

I'm probably wrong on this statement but I feel it can be harder to get the amp in the room sound with monitors

I think that really depends on the monitors.
I agree that it's tougher to translate the "AIR" (Amp In Room) sound through most studio monitors... 4", 6", and even a lot of 8" speakers just aren't going to, well, move enough air as a traditional cab.
OTOH, I use a Matrix PA into a pair of passive CLRs, and they thump plenty IMO. I'm firmly a believer that a nice rig with quality IRs will get you that AIR sound.

I go into the effects loop of a line6 flextone III combo. It has 2x12 celestion G12-80 speakers. It works great for live sound.

Really should be a multi choice poll:

I use studio Monitors and QSC K10's.

The K10's I plug straight into from the axe-all the sound I need

My main monitors are two ATC SCM150ASL Pro's

Hahah, just kidding.

I use a pair of Adam a7x's and a pair of Adam Sub 8's. A pair of Event 2030's. I also use an old pair of Behringer B2031a's, but mainly for backing tracks.

Hey guys,

This is just a curious question I've had. Obviously, the tone can be audibly affected by what we use to listen to our axe fx's.

I've only been able to hear my axe fx via my equator d5's

Nothing wrong with D5's :)

I CLEARLY hear differences in FW thru them....

Back
Top Bottom