Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.00 Public Beta

I do backup all my main presets, when I reloaded 14.02 all factory presets Bank A, B and C were gone.

When you add a new firmware, your presets are updated to that firmware. In most any case, beta or not, older firmware cannot read newer firmware presets. After reloading old firmware, you must then reinstall your backed up presets.

When you add a new firmware, your presets are updated to that firmware. In most any case, beta or not, older firmware cannot read newer firmware presets. After reloading old firmware, you must then reinstall your backed up presets.

Appreciate your input, but thats not what happened, Everything was BLANK, nothing on BANKS A, B or C?

Some usage tips:
1. The amps are scary accurate now. I haven't gone through my whole stash but I've gone through quite a few and it's almost creepy how accurate the modeling is. So if you don't like the sound of a model you wouldn't like the real amp either.

Hey Cliff, how do you test amp models against their real life counterparts? Do you record the amps, then compare the recordings with the Axe-Fx's amp and cab simulation, or do you A/B through the same cabinet as the amps themselves with a solid state poweramp in the same room?

I spent a little time playing with FW15 today and I like what I'm hearing! My clean patches (Maz38, Dual Verb) sound fantastic! So do my overdrive patches. I stayed on the Dual Verb for quite a while and ran out of time to take the Tucana for a spin yet. Looking forward to that!

Thank you Cliff for yet another fantastic update! :)

I am having anxiety about turning it off. I am worried that it won't sound the same tomorrow. Seriously made all of my patches so much more delicious. Huge shout out to Cliff and his crew!

So ... any chance we can get an "update all presets" button that automaticly does the "amp up and down" reselect thing to update the amp model to the new format and keeps the master/level/gain settings intact? Or "reset all advanced parameters"?
That would make it much easier to update on a major firmware release!

do i need to "save" after the "up/down" amp reset or the simple uo/down is enough to reset all parametres?

This is a preset adjustment just like any other alteration. So you will need to store the preset in order to store the changes.

Regards,

do i need to "save" after the "up/down" amp reset or the simple uo/down is enough to reset all parametres?

Any change in a preset requires a Save. (except VolInc and VolDec).
As indicated by the Edit LED.

Tnx ppl! Just a fast run through the first 10 presets at bedroom volume and... wow!!!
To me the "real amp/ amp in the room" feel ... is 200% increased with this fw 15!!!!
Cliff is a genius and FAS ppl are the best crew in the guitar world! TNX sooo much... and... keep going!

So ... any chance we can get an "update all presets" button that automaticly does the "amp up and down" reselect thing to update the amp model to the new format and keeps the master/level/gain settings intact? Or "reset all advanced parameters"?
That would make it much easier to update on a major firmware release!

Yes that would be great. I hate it when you have to reset your amp and loose all your settings. Totally impractical to do that with each major update. You have to build your tone in all your presets all over again and waste valuable (practice) time. How do you guys handle this? Is it possible to partially reset the amp like Zwiebelchen is suggesting, so load in only the changed FW update settings and keep the rest the same?

Yes that would be great. I hate it when you have to reset your amp and loose all your settings. Totally impractical to do that with each major update. You have to build your tone in all your presets all over again and waste valuable (practice) time. How do you guys handle this? Is it possible to partially reset the amp like Zwiebelchen is suggesting, so load in only the changed FW update settings and keep the rest the same?
The partial reset thing is the "amp up and down" method. It will keep D/B/M/T/P and mix controls at their current settings and only reset the advanced parameters. However, it does also reset MV, level and gain, hence why you should take notes on those values before doing so. Which is not that much of a problem if it's only a few presets you have. But if you have like 200 presets, it's gonna be a huge pain in the ass to do that.

Exactly. I am that more than 200 presets type of guy! :) That's why I hate this amp reset.
Can you tell me how to do this 'amp up and down' method exactly? Missed out on that one. First time I read this.

Would you guys wait for them to develop the procedure that automatically does the amp reset for you (maybe 3 months or more) or would you want FW 15 to be released sooner?

Honest question.

Lemme completely clarify that his is solely my hypothetical situation that I made up and not from FAS in any way :) I'm just curious.

Last edited:
Would you guys wait for them to develop the procedure that automatically does the amp reset for you (maybe 3 months or more) or would you want FW 15 to be released sooner?

Honest question.

I'd wait for the firmware to have it automatically done from now on. Then I would like to see work development shift in to the effects. So I hope I answered your honest question:)

Back
Top Bottom