Cab-Lab 2.0

* In order to mix Cabs in CabLab they need to be IR, not wav or syx?
They can be wav, syx or ir.

* To send UR(not mix) in the syx format to the Axe I need to use Fractal Bot? Will Cab Lab or Axe Edit do this?
The easiest way to send when tweaking is to use Cablab and the scratchpad as it's a great way to audition. You can then send it to a specific cab slot, export it or save the session. AxeEdit and FractalBot will also send IR's to the AxeFXII. Basically for mixing I use Cablab and if I'm just dumping IR's in there I use the Cab Tool in AxeEdit. I don't bother with FractalBot for anything but firmware and backing up/restoring banks.

* When auditioning UR's in Cab Lab(to scratchpad in the axe) i need to do this in ir format, syx does not work?
It sends it in syx.

If the above is true then what is the reason for Cab Lab not being able to handle UR Cabs in syx format, as it does with normal cabs in syx?
It is not the case so you are fine. :)

They can be wav, syx or ir.

The easiest way to send when tweaking is to use Cablab and the scratchpad as it's a great way to audition. You can then send it to a specific cab slot, export it or save the session. AxeEdit and FractalBot will also send IR's to the AxeFXII. Basically for mixing I use Cablab and if I'm just dumping IR's in there I use the Cab Tool in AxeEdit. I don't bother with FractalBot for anything but firmware and backing up/restoring banks.

It sends it in syx.

It is not the case so you are fine. :)

Oh, ok thanks!

I was a little confused by M@'s statement in post 2 where he said:

Something important to understand: Cab-Lab cannot open UltraRes™ files in .syx format.
Instead, it requires the new format Impulse Response .ir files which contain 8k raw data.

Oh, ok thanks!

I was a little confused by M@'s statement in post 2 where he said:

Something important to understand: Cab-Lab cannot open UltraRes™ files in .syx format.
Instead, it requires the new format Impulse Response .ir files which contain 8k raw data.
You know what, maybe that's for using in CabLab for UR only since you would be editing. But I know for a fact that it will open up syx and ir files as well.

EDIT: Just checked and sure as shit it won't open up an UltraRes IR in CabLab. It will open up standard .syx IR's though.

Yeah, i was talking about Ultra Res in all my questions above. Should have been clearer about that.

Skickat från min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk

I'm on OS 10.6.8. I just downloaded the new Cab Lab and converted around 1000 48,000HZ mono wav files in about 2 minutes. I opened Cab Lab, checked the UltraRes box , then selected the Wav2.syx from the drop down menu on the left, a window opens up so you can select the folder you want to convert, and also select a folder you want the new files to go to. I selected the mono 48,000 wav folder for the Ownhammer files I wanted to convert, and selected selected a folder I wanted the new files to go to, then hit convert. It only took about a minute to convert 495 files. The converted files are both .syx and .ir. I haven't tried any of them yet.

Waiting to buy until UR was supported was not the best thing - +$10

Checking the length of Redwirez with Foobar mentions about 48 to 66ms so too short IMO.

Thanks for all the hard work, FAS!

Just a heads up for those who will be batch converting large IR libraries:

If Cab-Lab runs into a stereo file hiding anywhere in the nest of sub-folders during a batch conversion, the conversion will be aborted at that point, and Cab-Lab will tell you what the offending file is. Redwirez stereo files are (thankfully) labelled as such, so once you work out where they are hiding (I'm looking at YOU, Ambient Mic folders!) it's simple enough to remove them, although time consuming. If you have stereo impulse responses hiding in collections you want to convert that AREN'T correctly labelled as stereo, it'll be a bigger pain in the ass trying to hunt them down.

Is there an intentional reason that Cab-Lab doesn't simply skip the files it can't process, continue to convert the ones it can handle, and THEN gave you a list of the invalid files at the end? This way you wouldn't have to hunt through and remove all the offending files manually before conversion.

BTW, converting the 24bit/48000Hz Wav file folder from the Redwirez BigBox generated 21983 files. :shock

Thanks for all the hard work, FAS!

Is there an intentional reason that Cab-Lab doesn't simply skip the files it can't process, continue to convert the ones it can handle, and THEN gave you a list of the invalid files at the end? This way you wouldn't have to hunt through and remove all the offending files manually before conversion...

+1!

Dumb question, I was able to convert the Own hammer files without any issues. or some reason, I can't find the cab I usually use in the converted files.
I use this one, OwnHammer_412_MAR-CB_V30-EN_T1_SP, and it's not in the converted folder.

So for Ownhammer Ir series, must i choose 48000HZ and mono ?
thank you in advance.

I chose mono 96000 Hz and it seems to work just fine. In theory it should be better because it includes more sample points. I would love to hear from fractal what should give the best results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I chose mono 96000 Hz and it seems to work just fine. In theory it should be better because it includes more sample points. I would love to hear from fractal what should give the best results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it is the same amount of sample points, it down samples first. Ideally, You should do 48khz/24 bit mono to avoid cablab having to convert anything. Downsampling from 96 to 48 should be transparent though.

You know what, maybe that's for using in CabLab for UR only since you would be editing. But I know for a fact that it will open up syx and ir files as well.

EDIT: Just checked and sure as shit it won't open up an UltraRes IR in CabLab. It will open up standard .syx IR's though.

So if i buy cab pack 3 or 4 when it comes out & get cab-lab2, i won't be able to mix the IR's? or any of the free IR's that have been available from the forum members? i saw a similar question asked yesterday and i don't think it was answered, sorry in advance if i missed it.

So if i buy cab pack 3 or 4 when it comes out & get cab-lab2, i won't be able to mix the IR's? or any of the free IR's that have been available from the forum members? i saw a similar question asked yesterday and i don't think it was answered, sorry in advance if i missed it.

Yes, you can mix them, but you need to use .ir format not the .syx

So you can only mix UltraRes with files that use the .ir extension.

You can mix .syx files that are normal or lo res.

I own the Ownhamer 4x12 libs, and I just tried the conversion. Everything appeared to go perfectly. I used 'OwnHammer_Impulse_Responses\412-GTR_MAR-CB_MIX\Wav\48000-Hz_Mono' as the source folder and selected UltraRes.

To confirm that it worked, I did a hex comparison between the output file 'V30-CH\Mixes\OwnHammer_412_MAR-CB_V30-CH_SS_Studio-Modern.syx' and the sample 'OH_412_MAR-CB_V30-CH_Studio-Modern.syx' from the firmware download. They did not match. What did I do wrong/misunderstand? It may be as simple as that I picked the wrong files to match up for comparison....?

So let me get this straight and I am sorry if this is a stupid question.

I converted the OH waves selecting 48000 mono folder, using the UltraRes drop down in cablab and it created new folders containing 3 versions of each IR,

ir
syx
xl.sys

Are all three of these file types now in Ultra Res? I assume, I can import the syx directly into the Axe and it is UR, however must use the ir filetype if I want to mix in cablab and finally the xl.sys I assume is only for Axe FX XL.

So let me get this straight and I am sorry if this is a stupid question.

I converted the OH waves selecting 48000 mono folder, using the UltraRes drop down in cablab and it created new folders containing 3 versions of each IR,

ir
syx
xl.sys

Are all three of these file types now in Ultra Res? I assume, I can import the syx directly into the Axe and it is UR, however must use the ir filetype if I want to mix in cablab and finally the xl.sys I assume is only for Axe FX XL.

That's the jist of it, yes.

I must be stupid…if one of the purposes of CabLab is to mix different UR cabs, why can't it mix any of the new UR .syx cabs?

I guess I need to RTFM

Back
Top Bottom