Cab-Lab 2.0

Yes if you don't have the XL just delete them. I did that in Win 7 with the 'command prompt' located in my OH IR dir 'del /s *_XL.syx'.

Hey All,

O.K. - I must be really thick. How do I download this? If I follow the OP directions....

If you're already using Cab-Lab, you can use the "Check for Updates" option in the program menu. Where is the 'Program Menu'?

If I Log In and click the MY ACCOUNT link in the upper right to open your ORDER HISTORY. Your original Cab-Lab order will be listed. Use the "CLICK TO DOWNLOAD" link to access the newest version. Then It wants to put it in my cart and charge me again.... What am I missing

Cheers, Mike

Hey All,

O.K. - I must be really thick. How do I download this? If I follow the OP directions....

If you're already using Cab-Lab, you can use the "Check for Updates" option in the program menu. Where is the 'Program Menu'?

If I Log In and click the MY ACCOUNT link in the upper right to open your ORDER HISTORY. Your original Cab-Lab order will be listed. Use the "CLICK TO DOWNLOAD" link to access the newest version. Then It wants to put it in my cart and charge me again.... What am I missing

Cheers, Mike

Launch Cab Lab on your computer.
It's in the app's menu.
Not online.

Hey All

Under CabLab dropdown there is only the following

New Session
Open Session
Save Session
Save Session As
Way2Sx

What am I missing?

Cheers, Mike

What version are you running? If you missed the version prior to this release than there is no update option.

Hey All,

Cheers, Mike

I did same. When I found my CAB LAB purchase email, I used the download link provided.

So after counting the IR's, the older one had 18 mixes (EN V30) while the new one only has 15. Anybody else experiencing this?

Untitled.jpg

Ok so after searching through the wav files. I was able to find it with in the folder "TRUCATED". Should I be using this instead?

Has anyone tried Guitarhacks "Multiple fredman, straight and 45? For some reason I can get these to convert.
They are wav files and plenty long enough......but will not work.

You know what, maybe that's for using in CabLab for UR only since you would be editing. But I know for a fact that it will open up syx and ir files as well.

EDIT: Just checked and sure as shit it won't open up an UltraRes IR in CabLab. It will open up standard .syx IR's though.

So, is this correct...?

UR cabs that are in a .ir or .wav format can be mixed in Cab Lab.
UR cabs in .syx format cannot be mixed in Cab Lab.
Standard (non UR) cabs that are a .syx format can be mixed in Cab Lab.

Functionally speaking, would there be any audible difference between mixing 2 UR cabs in Cab Lab or using the same 2 UR cabs in parallel cab blocks in the Axe grid?

Functionally speaking, would there be any audible difference between mixing 2 UR cabs in Cab Lab or using the same 2 UR cabs in parallel cab blocks in the Axe grid?

I don't think there'd be an audible difference but I think you might save on some CPU usage though

So, is this correct...?

UR cabs that are in a .ir or .wav format can be mixed in Cab Lab.
UR cabs in .syx format cannot be mixed in Cab Lab.
Standard (non UR) cabs that are a .syx format can be mixed in Cab Lab.

IRs in .ir or .wav format are NOT UltraRes.
They can be mixed in Cab Lab 2 and saved as UltraRes IRs in .syx format or ul'd to the Axe as UltraRes IRs.

Ok so after searching through the wav files. I was able to find it with in the folder "TRUCATED". Should I be using this instead?

Truncated .wav files are shortened in length so that they are suitable for conversion to hi-res or standard-res IRs.
These .wav files are usually around 40ms long, too short to benefit from the UltraRes technology.
It's the longer *non-truncated .wav files* that are long enough (longer than 100ms) that can benefit from conversion to UltraRes because they contain more information.
Cab Lab will convert the shorter IRs to UltraRes format too, but you won't get any of the benefits of the UltraRes tech.

The .wav files to use for UltraRes conversion will be in your 48000khz mono folder.
But many of the OH and RW 48000khz mono wavs are still too short to benefit from UltraRes conversion.
Check the length of the .wav files in an audio editor first to see if they are 100ms or longer.

That's what he is trying to do :)

1.0 did not have the autoupdate, 1.01 did. You may have to get the upgrade of the web.

"To download, please log in to your account in our online store.

Once you log in, click the MY ACCOUNT link in the upper right to open your ORDER HISTORY.

Your original Cab-Lab order will be listed. Use the "CLICK TO DOWNLOAD" link to access the newest version."
Login

Back
Top Bottom