Violin patch (+ Ensemble feature!)

Thanks a bunch for this. I have no pedals, but I finally figured out that I could get the harmonies to play by editing them to on in the modifier screen. Is there any other way to switch them on/off? Also, I noticed that if you hold a note and play another on top of it it freaks out and you get a crazy computer squeal noise. Why is that?

This is really cool though and I can't wait to play with it more.

Thanks a bunch for this. I have no pedals, but I finally figured out that I could get the harmonies to play by editing them to on in the modifier screen. Is there any other way to switch them on/off? Also, I noticed that if you hold a note and play another on top of it it freaks out and you get a crazy computer squeal noise. Why is that?

This is really cool though and I can't wait to play with it more.

The synth is monophonic. It can only understand one note at a time. You can turn the externals on and off by going to the midi page from the front panel and changing the external initial value from zero to 100. External 3 controls the harmonies in this patch

ok, uploaded a new version to axechange Axe-Change - Download Preset - Violin - by simeon

the version that was up there was corrupted anyway

this new version only uses 91% cpu, so should be ok

Thanks Sim. I use this patch a lot, especially when our keyboard guy is out. Great work!

Incredible!

I just got my Axe FX 2 today and was wondering about updating the old patch. Heard this for the first time a few minutes ago, and I'm not going to bother doing any work, yours sounds awesome, thanks for sharing.

Glad to see you here. I first saw your name when Sim mentioned he was building off your original. Excellent work. This has built into the most realistic violin patch I have played!

ok, can't take full credit for this, because it's based on a patch posted by "3 Chord Rock" some time ago on the Ultra forum. i've ported it over to the axe fx II and added a cool ensemble feature, which you can hear in the demo

the advantage we II users have over the ultra users, is the cab size parameter - small tweaks to this make a big difference to the tone in this patch and if i were to multitrack this on something, i would probably make very small tweaks to the cab size between each take for maximum authenticity

this patch has made me smile all afternoon - i hope it does the same for you! :)

10 extra points to whoever can spot the tune i'm quoting at the beginning of the demo, before i hit Ext3 and go all Vienna :)

Ext1 is tied to the volume block.

the ensemble is created with two intelligent pitch shifters, both currently set to A Aeolian

you''ll need the IR as well, so load that up and point the cab to it

demo...

patch and IR...

Simeon one question: can i do that with axe standard?

The patch on AxeChange isn't working for me. It's buzzing and flubbing out on me. I'm on 7.0 and loaded the cab.

I'm well aware that it's monophonic, its just even when I'm not playing anything, there's too much feedback and noise actually enjoy it.

Last edited:
That's odd. Never had or heard of a feedback issue. Does it still feed back when you mute the strings?

This is great stuff, Simeon. Is this different from the violin patch in Axe-Change?

Any chance of doing a cello? I tried dropping the synth shift by -12 (voice 1 & 2) but the it doesn't track, and it's too thin a sound for a cello.

Thanks guys. There is a good cello patch floating around somewhere...

If you can't find it, try transposing down an octave and using the cello ir posted earlier in this thread. Also try tone matching....there's lots of solo cello music on YouTube!

Thanks guys. There is a good cello patch floating around somewhere...

If you can't find it, try transposing down an octave and using the cello ir posted earlier in this thread. Also try tone matching....there's lots of solo cello music on YouTube!
Couldn't get the transpose to work, (tracking issues) should I bypass the pitch block?

how do i get the volume working after ive imported the patch to the axe fx and ive saved it as a preset and yet no sound still?
im new to this any help would be great

Back
Top Bottom