Violin patch (+ Ensemble feature!)

greiswig said:
I don't think it's clipping, if that is what you mean. It sounds like background noise, centered at maybe 200Hz?

Hmmmm....with 6.01, this noise is greatly reduced. FAS did some serious work on that release!

I love this preset and have spent hours digging through it and experimenting with delays and scales. I don't quite understand the "Key/Scale" part of the Pitch block. In your preset the A Aoilian min is the set key. It plays exactly like a C maj scale. Not knowing everything about modes, are A Aolian and C major the same? Also, why do I hear a minor third in the C Ionian maj key? Shouldn't I hear a E and not a D#?

Hi

I was hoping I could get some help?

I'm really eager to try these patches but they are just not working on my Axe Fx II.

I have the latest firmware (6.02) and the latest Axe-Edit. One of the patches isn't even recognized in the folder tree and the other one does load but no sound comes out. It maxes out the CPU and I can't even turn on the two pitch and one delay blocks. I did play with the IRs and put it to guitarbody or cello that I had from earlier. I checked my levels etc and everything seems to be in order.

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

BTW I'm not using a foot controller. thanks a lot

What does it say about me if the first thing I started playing, both immediately and accidentally, was in the realm of that theme? lol.

Awesome patch, thank you so much for sharing.

Brett

Edit: Embedding disabled, whoops. Oh well, links just the same.

Hi

I'm really eager to try these patches but they are just not working on my Axe Fx II.

I have the latest firmware (6.02) and the latest Axe-Edit. One of the patches isn't even recognized in the folder tree and the other one does load but no sound comes out. It maxes out the CPU and I can't even turn on the two pitch and one delay blocks. I did play with the IRs and put it to guitarbody or cello that I had from earlier. I checked my levels etc and everything seems to be in order.

firstly - if the patch isn't recognised, then it may be corrupted. try downloading again.

secondly - there are external modifiers attached to several things in this patch, including volume, so on the front panel, go to I/O > Midi and scroll down to where it says Ext Ctrl Init Values. turn external 1 to 100% - this will give you sound. turn external 3 to 100% and this will turn on the ensemble feature

sim

Hi

firstly - if the patch isn't recognised, then it may be corrupted. try downloading again.

secondly - there are external modifiers attached to several things in this patch, including volume, so on the front panel, go to I/O > Midi and scroll down to where it says Ext Ctrl Init Values. turn external 1 to 100% - this will give you sound. turn external 3 to 100% and this will turn on the ensemble feature

thirdly, the patches shouldn't overload the cpu - if you get pops and crackles with the usb connected, just unplug it.

sim

Here's an improvisation on the fly using the looper and Simeon violin patch on the second half.

Really cool the way you incorporated the loop, tones,and violin and put it
all together. Gave me a few ideas.. Thanks for sharing.. very nice!!!!

Here's an improvisation on the fly using the looper and Simeon violin patch on the second half.

I can't get it to work and don't know how to do the cab slot 9 thing. I use a mesa amp and Krank cabs so can I use this patch or does it need to be with amp and cab sims only? Thanks!

Thanks for listening and lots of thanks to Simeon who inspired the violin players trapped in a guitarist's body!

Really cool the way you incorporated the loop, tones,and violin and put it
all together. Gave me a few ideas.. Thanks for sharing.. very nice!!!!

Last edited:
I can't get it to work and don't know how to do the cab slot 9 thing. I use a mesa amp and Krank cabs so can I use this patch or does it need to be with amp and cab sims only? Thanks!

Cab sims will need to be on. The patch relies on the use of an acoustic body ir. You could try it through your amp and cab setup, but I don't know how good it will sound.

Can I use this without amp and cab sims on? I use a power amp and 4x12 cabs, I don't know how to do the gtrbody.syx into user cab slot 9. Any tips? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom