Violin patch (+ Ensemble feature!)

I'm ring to use this at my gig on saturday-

thanks a million

ok, can't take full credit for this, because it's based on a patch posted by "3 Chord Rock" some time ago on the Ultra forum. i've ported it over to the axe fx II and added a cool ensemble feature, which you can hear in the demo

the advantage we II users have over the ultra users, is the cab size parameter - small tweaks to this make a big difference to the tone in this patch and if i were to multitrack this on something, i would probably make very small tweaks to the cab size between each take for maximum authenticity

this patch has made me smile all afternoon - i hope it does the same for you! :)

10 extra points to whoever can spot the tune i'm quoting at the beginning of the demo, before i hit Ext3 and go all Vienna :)

Ext1 is tied to the volume block.

the ensemble is created with two intelligent pitch shifters, both currently set to A Aeolian

you''ll need the IR as well, so load that up and point the cab to it

demo...

patch and IR...

Wow! Nice job on the video, Simeon. This will take some studying. And I'm sure you've just scratched the surface of all
we can get out of our Axes. Are you using any external effects or is that tone all coming from the Axe FX and
your guitar? I need a video like yours that would show me how to get that nice smooth distorted sound you have.

I turn my gain and whatever else I have all the way up, but it really sounds like crap. Might that have anything
to do with the fact I'm using guitar speakers instead of monitors? I get a lot of bassy sound, almost muddy, even
when the bass and mids are turned down and the treble is all the way up.

Thanks, as always.

no other fx used in the vid

sounds like you might have a problem with your setup - you should probably start a new thread about it if you'd like help troubleshooting. i assume you're not using cab blocks in your patches? tell us what power amp and speakers you're using as well (in the new thread)

Ok, I'll post in the Rigs and Routing forum. I've actually done presets with and without cab blocks. Fact is, I find the presets most times sound better with the cabs included,
even though I know that's a no-no. Cabs blocks seem to have a fuller sounding tone to them even though they all pretty much sound the same.

Haven't checked my volume block settings yet, but I'm hoping to figure things out between what you told me about the auto control and your controllers video.

Simeon - Just installed you preset last night, its fantastic. Spent 2hrs playing around in different keys. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom