Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is me thinking out loud, and i know nothing of coding/ memory/ how all this works. but the fact that we added the dynacabs seperate could we just have an option of adding 3 dyna cabs and download the mics and or cabs of your choosing. it would make preset management a bit of an issue possibly. if there were 5 mics shot on the cabniets you can pick and load the 3 of your choosing. just a thought, maybe improbale/impossible.

CabLab will probably be the solution for cases where there is insufficient space on the device to store all the DynaCabs you want. That would allow you to store your DynaCab library on your computer where there is no limit on the size of the library.

In other words, unless you want to limit yourself to a small number of cabs/mics, there isn't going to be enough room to store your entire DynaCab library in the Axe-FX. This will especially be an issue when 3rd party DynaCabs come out and your library starts growing. And this might be the only way the FM3/FM9 will be able to use DynaCabs.

This is probably a good thing since storing your DynaCab library on your computer instead of on the Axe-FX/FM3/FM9 might be more convenient since it makes it easier to manage and organize your library.

A 58 works better than a 57 much of the time, also, and is my go-to dynamic mic choice in the few sets I have that include it as a choice. I can work with any of them and get satisfactory results, but the 57 is the most limiting of them, and/or requires a bit of preamp EQ to finish the job that mic placement starts....
Agree to disagree. 57 is a go to for many, but to each their own.

Ideally it would be great to eventually have a dyna-cab for every different amp in the Axe FXIII. The wiki shows there are 303 different amps. So 303 matching dyna-cabs.

Ideally it would also be great to have all of the different microphone choices that vintage or modern producers commonly used when micing amps. (Ownhammer used 41 microphones for it's old multi-microphone bundles, but only uses about 10 microphones for all of it's cab packs now.)

If that ever happened we could probably do away with the factory and legacy cabs completely.

This may have been answered already, there are a lot of pages, but will Dyna Cab be added to Cab Lab? Also can you export your mixes to a new IR?

You can export any mix, Legacy or Dyna-Cab, to a new IR. Just use the Synth Block as impulse generator and a ToneMatch for the capture.

Those who have both the Axe-FX III and FM3/FM9 can do that to use their Dyna-Cab mixes at their floor units

Last edited:
Ideally it would be great to eventually have a dyna-cab for every different amp in the Axe FXIII. The wiki shows there are 303 different amps. So 303 matching dyna-cabs.

Ideally it would also be great to have all of the different microphone choices that vintage or modern producers commonly used when micing amps. (Ownhammer used 41 microphones for it's old multi-microphone bundles, but only uses about 10 microphones for all of it's cab packs now.)

If that ever happened we could probably do away with the factory and legacy cabs completely.
Not to be nit-picky but there are only about 120 different actual amps modeled. A lot of the amps have multiple channels that are models in the FAS list.

Only my rich friend across the street had cable then. We only had 3 channels one of which was French and the other 2 were CBC Canadian only content (ya know: Beachcombers n Hockey Night in Canada...), n the 3rd one suck'd cept for a few of my fav US shows: Barnaby Jones, Get Smart, Munsters and Partridge Family.
But if you’ve seen Wayne’s World, he parodies the same gag.

But if you’ve seen Wayne’s World, he parodies the same gag.
Never watched the movie preferring my WW in small 5min SNL doses lol!

Edit: I'm sure its an accurate depiction though as Mike Myers is originally from around these parts and roughly the same age.

It seems like many here may see this from a recording engineers view. Just look from a different perspective:

Some users don't record and just play/practice. Those players do not have the same criteria as for a recording.
They may not care about cut in the mix, as there may never be a bass or a kick drum involved. ;)
And they are also touring musicians like me that are a little tired to do the guitar work AND work for the sound guy
CabLab will probably be the solution for cases where there is insufficient space on the device to store all the DynaCabs you want. That would allow you to store your DynaCab library on your computer where there is no limit on the size of the library.

In other words, unless you want to limit yourself to a small number of cabs/mics, there isn't going to be enough room to store your entire DynaCab library in the Axe-FX. This will especially be an issue when 3rd party DynaCabs come out and your library starts growing. And this might be the only way the FM3/FM9 will be able to use DynaCabs.

This is probably a good thing since storing your DynaCab library on your computer instead of on the Axe-FX/FM3/FM9 might be more convenient since it makes it easier to manage and organize your library.
i think it’s not gonna be cablab4.

I’m sure they gonna make a dynacab app like the fractal bot. An app tied to the unit like the Edit.
You could make your tweaks with dynacab and export it to your unit as a standard syx ir.

It’s also the best solution if they want to bring dynacabs on the FM3.

And honestly is there someone that change IRS on the fly at a gig?? So having it available as an app on the computer is a great solution.

Those trying to figure out how to export the Dyna Cabs to use on other devices should be aware of the EULA:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/getting-factory-cab-in-to-cab-lab-3.190957/#post-2374023

"Re-capturing and exporting factory cabs is a violation of the EULA, which states:

The user will not, directly or indirectly, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of the Software; modify, translate, or create derivative works based on the Software; or copy (except for archival purposes), rent, lease, distribute, assign, or otherwise transfer rights to the Software (except as expressly authorized by this Agreement); remove any proprietary notices, comments, terms and conditions and or labels on or in the Software."

I would be in favor of gutting all the legacy cabs to make room for more dyna cab mics, if it allowed more choices to be included. These dyna cabs sound great, and I am already missing the ability to try certain mic combos. For example, I prefer the sound of a 160 ribbon over the 121, and I sometimes like to pair a 57 with a 421, but I know these things are subjective and there was a reason why these choices were made.

I am secretly hoping that Ownhammer and York are already hard at work making their own dyna cab captures using their full mic locker. I know my wallet is ready and waiting!
But many others would not... Fractal has to consider their entire user base.

Or maybe create 2 different firmwares, one that does away with the legacy cabs, but you have more options for dyna cab mics, and another firmware that essentially keeps things the same as they are now, and the user can choose whichever option they prefer. Just throwing out ideas here.
Not likely to happen. This has been repeatedly suggested in the past for other scenarios...

After Reading this, to me this new feature is a small demo of what the axe 4 will have . Don’t expect 3rd party if there is room for 3 mics .
For the rest they don’t want us to be able to remove the factory cab, this »wish » was already on the table when they release the full rez irs for turbo versions only .
I'm not sure why you keep saying you don't think there will be 3rd party IRs for this.

Cliff already said it's available and both @York Audio and @dr bonkers have stated that things are in motion...

Please don't poop on the party ;)

Not to be nit-picky but there are only about 120 different actual amps modeled. A lot of the amps have multiple channels that are models in the FAS list.
I didn't know that. So it would only take about 120 Dyna-cabs to have a matching dyna-cab for every amp model.
I wouldn't be surprised if we see this down the road when ever an Axe FX4 eventually comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom