Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I'd much rather they did NOT lose the legacy cabs. I have hundreds of presets that use them, and I am not going to go through and tweak all those just to get sounds back. They work just fine for me, I'm very happy with the sounds I get, I play music with them rather than spending hours tweaking sounds that nobody will ever notice in a mix, but would still like to have the Dynacabs that we now have to have a play around with them occasionally.

Maybe I'm turning into a stick-in-the-mud in my old age? ;)
I could not agree more. I have WAY too much throwing a metaphorical dart at the bazillions-of-IRs-board and seeing what results I get. 😁

With an Axe FXIII mkI we have two factory banks with 1024 IRs each, and a legacy bank which contains all 189 stock cabs, and we have 2048 user cabs in two banks of 1024 cabs each.

I probably use less than a dozen of the factory and legacy cabs, and maybe a couple dozen User cabs from my favorite Ownhammer irs.

With the new dyna-cabs we are not going to need 2048 User cabs. I'd be happy to give up one full bank of user cabs and replace them with dyna-cabs if we had the choice.

I doubt many of us will use that many of the factory cabs moving forward.

It looks like we are going to need far less dyna-cabs to find the sounds we want than how we have been doing it in the past. Every dyna-cab is like have many irs.

We all have our favorite microphones. Here are some of mine:
I like the Beyer M160 ribbon mic.
I like the Shure KSM 313 ribbon mic.
I like the AKG 414.
I like the Shure sm7 mic.
The old vintage Shure sm57 sounded better than the new ones to me.

I am confident Cliff will choose the best sounding ones. I have more confidence in Cliff's than any of the third party ir makers.

The only obvious things missing from the beta version was 4x10 cab for a Super Reverb, a 59 Bassman cab, and a 2x12 Vox AC30 cab with blue alnicos. I think the final release is going to make every one happy.
I use an R121 on basically everything. It just seems to translate the whole range of frequencies so well. As if I'm standing right in the same room with the cab.

Thank you so much for making the SM7 available for testing. I'm always blown away by what you guys do. @FractalAudio would it be good to edit the first post in this thread to include the new Dyna Cab file, so it isn't only buried so deep in the thread, or maybe to start a new pinned thread (perhaps with a poll asking whether people prefer your captures with the SM57 vs SM7?) so more forum members are aware of it?

It seem that the initial excitement for dynacab is vanishing.. I wrote at the beginning, owning captor x, that is not easy to have a great sound if you dont know mic specs and the position related to what you want to obtain.. This is why most ir's are made by professional who make this work.. And about to sm57 i confirm that also in the captor doesn't seem this great mic that it is..

Why do you all think we need the Axe Fx IV to get more than 3? Axe Fx III has already more power of all of them, it’s an incredible powerful unit.
Because cliff said that “There is not room for both” about including both sm57/sm7 . it’s not “pooping on the party” , I just read what he said . It seems that the axe 3 is pretty full.

Just because it's a go-to doesn't make anything said by @Joe Bfstplk incorrect...

Also, notice he said "my choice" ;)
I noticed. If you notice I said agree to disagree and to each their own. There are plenty who will agree with me, and plenty who will agree with him I'm sure. Hopefully they will have both mic options in the final.

So an Axe Fx III Mk II Turbo can only manage 3 different mics? Where products released in 2012 with 1 DSP and less power can manage so much more? What about FM3 and FM9 then…

From a marketing point of view, if this sentence is to be interpreted as you say I assure you that it would result in drops in sales.

I’m sure that’s not the case.
Don’t know what to say, I just read 🤷
As he said that the product got no space anymore (if I understand well) 3rd party things won’t be for this generation but for the next one (or cab lab?). No problem if I am wrong also.
For the rest, an helix or whatever other product got 100 times less amps and content etc, sure an empty axe 3 can manage more than 3 mics 😅

Last edited:
And they are also touring musicians like me that are a little tired to do the guitar work AND work for the sound guy

i think it’s not gonna be cablab4.

I’m sure they gonna make a dynacab app like the fractal bot. An app tied to the unit like the Edit.
You could make your tweaks with dynacab and export it to your unit as a standard syx ir.

It’s also the best solution if they want to bring dynacabs on the FM3.

And honestly is there someone that change IRS on the fly at a gig?? So having it available as an app on the computer is a great solution.
This day and age using “not my job” is a recipe for disaster. Unless you’re a top tier performer, chances are you’re going to run into a soundguy who isn’t much of a Soundguy. At least he gets to hide offstage while your guitar sound is awful all night. The more control you have, the more control you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom