Announcement: Atomic Reactor FR - UPDATED 7/27/09

Re: Announcement: Atomic Reactor FR

REACTOR FR UPDATE: 7/27/09

Good news! I’m in China to oversee production for the Reactor FR. I just got here and will be going over to our CM (contract manufacturer) tomorrow to do QC on main part of the run. Production actually officially started a little over a week ago. Sub assemblies and incoming QC are well on their way to being done and will get a thorough going over before final assembly starts.

So what does this mean to those waiting for an FR? Well, the production process should take approximately another two weeks at which point the shipping containers will be ready to be loaded. After that, it will be approximately 1 month in transit - assuming there are no delays in customs clearance. This has us shipping to customers sometime after the 1st week of September.

I will keep you posted. Maybe I’ll take a few pics of the process and post them up as things progress.

-TK

Tom King said:
REACTOR FR UPDATE: 7/27/09

Good news! I’m in China to oversee production for the Reactor FR. I just got here and will be going over to our CM (contract manufacturer) tomorrow to do QC on main part of the run. Production actually officially started a little over a week ago. Sub assemblies and incoming QC are well on their way to being done and will get a thorough going over before final assembly starts.

So what does this mean to those waiting for an FR? Well, the production process should take approximately another two weeks at which point the shipping containers will be ready to be loaded. After that, it will be approximately 1 month in transit - assuming there are no delays in customs clearance. This has us shipping to customers sometime after the 1st week of September.

I will keep you posted. Maybe I’ll take a few pics of the process and post them up as things progress.

-TK
Rock on!!!

Ringleader said:
Tom King said:
Maybe I’ll take a few pics of the process and post them up as things progress.

I'd be happy with any sort of pics of this thing.

IMG_2467.jpg

Ringleader said:
Tom King said:
Maybe I’ll take a few pics of the process and post them up as things progress.

I'd be happy with any sort of pics of this thing.
How 'bout this for starters?

Attachments

• ARFR Front (web).jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 373

Wow that looks great Tom!!! Three questions...

1. Why are there two power buttons?
2. Will the fan have the same issues that the Axe-fx fan had regarding noise?
3. Why isn't there more Chrome on that sucker? :D

mortega76 said:
Wow that looks great Tom!!! Three questions...

1. Why are there two power buttons?
2. Will the fan have the same issues that the Axe-fx fan had regarding noise?
3. Why isn't there more Chrome on that sucker? :D
1. One is power (red) the other is standby (blue)
2. The fan is nearly silent. You really have to listen for it to hear it. Much more quiet than the previous Reactor fans.
3. It is actually more of a semi-matte nickel plate in production (corners and handles) everthing else is exaclty the same.

So if you are on the waiting list/pre-ordered, the ARFR will arrive sometime after the first week of September... When will the public be able to order them from Fractal/what timeframe will the ARFR ship to them?

Thanks for the update Tom, much appreciated.
Any idea what these will go for here in Europe and when they will be available over here?
Will it be the same time as the States or later?

Back
Top Bottom